• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt king

Kms Ecu

matt king

Hi i have fitted a kms ecu and i am having trouble getting the ecu to run, i know the ecu is doing something as when i crank the engine the injectors try to fire BUT! they only try to fire for the second i back the key off after cranking.

As this a fairly strange symptom i thought someone may know what wires i have the wrong way around or what i have done wrong.

Ps this is fitted to a tu engine it is in a 106 but i thought i would ask as there are alot of clever people here.

boombang

I had this problem on my 309 - it was a break in the live signal from the third position of the ignition switch.

Literally would only get a spurt of fuel when let the key go back as engine was still turning :)

d-9

is the +12v feed you have powered the ecu with dropping to 0v on cranking?

put a multimeter on it, and get someone to turn the key, it should stay at 12v while the engine is turning over.

matt king

boombang how did u sort this? just use a diffrent live on the barrel?

D9 i dont think it is going to zero as the fuel pump is temp running of the same switched live and that dont stop when its cranking. But i will stick a multimeter on it and see what it says.

boombang

I found a secret "immobiliser" switch the previous owner had fitted and not told me about. In my rewiring, one of the very loose connectors must've fallen off the switch.

In finding what was wrong I spend 6 hours testing wires, ignition, cam timing etc before removing the fuel rail and seeing it only spraying as I turned off - it was enough to wet the plugs so the whole time before that I thought it was fuelling fine! :)

Edited by boombang

Mattsav

Odd, Give me a bell tomorrow and I'll try and work it out.

This type of problem is the hardest to find. Once the engine runs, working out whats going on is much easier.

matt king

cheers Matt i will do

Odd, Give me a bell tomorrow and I'll try and work it out.

This type of problem is the hardest to find. Once the engine runs, working out whats going on is much easier.

Sign in to follow this