• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
c_r_thomson

Fifth Lead From Dizzy

c_r_thomson

Hi all, i'm fitting carbs at the mo and i'm trying to get rid of as much wiring as possible.

What does the fifth lead from the dizzy do and can i get rid of the tachymetric relay?

Cheers, Craig

pug_life

5th lead is king lead to the coil.

you need it to get a spark.

c_r_thomson

so is there a better way of connecting it?

the fifth HT lead from the dizzy went to a plastic box on top of the inlet manifolt which has now been removed.

The plug from the dizzy goes to the ignition module and the relevant interconnections from there to the coil, rev counter, etc.

I shouldn't need to use the setup with the fifth HT lead should I?

Ahhh SH*T!

I think i've just realised what i've done!

That plastic box is the coil!?!?!

Can any one tell me what pin is what cos i'm gonna have to rewire it in now since i've removed the loom.

So if this is the coil,....... what is the small cylinder on top of the starter motor?

Edited by c_r_thomson

hengti

might be missing something here, but why have you taken the coil off if all you're doing is fitting carbs?

i realise the inlet manifold will be different, but you need a coil!!

Edited by hengti

c_r_thomson
:) Got a bit trigger happy with the snips today!! :blush:

welshpug
might be missing something here, but why have you taken the coil off if all you're doing is fitting carbs?

because on later engines the coil is mounted on the intake manifold.

c_r_thomson

Thanks welshpug, i need to find somewhere else to mount it now, Just gotta rewire it first :)

Can any one help me identify what pin is for what?

welshpug

what you need is one that mounts where the earlier ones did, on the inner wing next to the ignition amp.

27-07-06_1318.jpg

this did the job perfetly when I replaced the coil on my car, its identical in spec to the original unit but is actualy just an universal jobbie that Euro Car Parts sell complete with the bracket and the finish on it is outstanding!

Sign in to follow this