• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jonmurgie

How Much Brake Fluid?

Rom

Pumping the pedal can cause weak seals to fail. As there is more movement than normal.

Pressure bleeders are ok, i use them at work. Same idea as easy bleed, just runs off a compressor. Ive found they work with varied results tbh.

One of my Goodridge flexis failed, and i ended up manually bleeding it. The pressure bleeder just wouldnt get a good pedal for some reason.

I always use 5.1 personally. But as said, race spec 4.1 is better iirc.As long as its in a sealed container, shelf life shouldnt be a problem. Dont shake it either :blush:

futura

I read about eezybleed today but thought it wouldn't really work on an empty brake system? The kits are quite expensive too and I am already way over budget on the 205 this month with new beam, discs, MC, break lines, SAD and loom multiplug!

inferno

i used a halford easybleed... its great if u dont put more than 10psi on the spare wheel u use. putting 30 in doesnt bleed it faster but makes a big mess!

as for fluid amounts, pass... at least a litre id guess, i have loads of bottles at work... mostly 200ml bottles and some 500ml ones, all pug labelled too!

cybernck
Oh right, so overall does it really matter whether I use Dot 4 or Dot 5.1 then?

Castrol Response DOT4 is pretty good and they come in SuperDOT4 variant too,

which is apparently better than all DOT5.1. i wouldn't go for Castrol SRF in your case.

Sign in to follow this