• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adammada33

Seat Belt Buckle Type

adammada33

The seat belt buckle on my drivers side seat is very tight against the bolster i replaced it a while back did i get the wrong type? reading other posts there are 2 types how are they different? my car is a 92 ph2 with green half leather

thanks

GLPoomobile

Yeah there are two types. I think the problem lies with the bit that the buckle slots into (I dunno what they are called!), you know, the bit that is secured to the subframe next to the handbrake lever.

Where this part connects to the subframe is has a bend at the bottom, and the difference between the two types is in this bend, hence why you are finding it is now rubbing the seat. I had the same problem.

You can just try and bend it outwards.

adammada33
Yeah there are two types. I think the problem lies with the bit that the buckle slots into (I dunno what they are called!), you know, the bit that is secured to the subframe next to the handbrake lever.

Where this part connects to the subframe is has a bend at the bottom, and the difference between the two types is in this bend, hence why you are finding it is now rubbing the seat. I had the same problem.

You can just try and bend it outwards.

thanks i will try that

Sign in to follow this