• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
huzzer

Gti Mudguards

huzzer

I saw someones GTI the other day that had mudguards all round. I thought it looked pretty good and made it look much wider round the base of the car. Did mudguards come as standard on GTI models? This was the ONLY one i've ever seen with them!!

welshpug

they werent standard but were specific to the GTi, I have a full set which I bought this year form my local dealer, sets the car off nicely IMO though I wouldnt fit them to anything lower than 25mm.

So dont believe what the scamsters selling them on ebay for upwards of £40, they ARE available :D and olny cost £16 a pair :lol:

huzzer

Do yours drag? Where did you see them for £16?, I quite fancy sticking some on but dont want to pay loads for them! I think Auto Five sells them for about £30 a pair.

roland rat
they werent standard but were specific to the GTi, I have a full set which I bought this year form my local dealer, sets the car off nicely IMO though I wouldnt fit them to anything lower than 25mm.

So dont believe what the scamsters selling them on ebay for upwards of £40, they ARE available :D and olny cost £16 a pair :lol:

care to share how this ever so friendly dearler is?if got some front ones but im after a set of rears to finish the job :D

huzzer
I have a full set which I bought this year form my local dealer

Sorry, silly me!

welshpug

colchester avenue, cardiff.

Ask for phillip evans, youll most probalby have to order them, if they wont post them give us a shout and I'll collect them.

huzzer

I agree. The rear ones would finish it off properly.Just checked, Auto five selling for £30 a set (front and rear= 2sets) Usually Peugeot dealers are a rip off! :lol:

huzzer
colchester avenue, cardiff.

Ask for phillip evans, youll most probalby have to order them, if they wont post them give us a shout and I'll collect them.

Thanks welshpug. I'l let you know. :lol:

huzzer

By the way, do you have any photos of the rear of the car with guards on? this might help finalise my decision! :lol:

christopher
umm! rears - http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/wel...1-06_1936-1.jpg sorry for the damn poor piccy, I'll take some tommorow

fronts - 2 minutes after collecting and 10 seconds before fitting :D

22-06-06_1303.jpg

i'll see what I can do Roland :D

I'm not a fan of the rears myself, only on rally cars :lol: But I think they look fab on the front and protect the sills from stone chips.

They sound like a good deal from welsh pug so go for it, you won't get them cheaper..But if you are stuck I have a pair for half the autofive price + postage

welshpug

right then! down to pug i go tommorow morning how many sets? :lol:

just had a look at autofives site, and not wishing to diss them in any way but theyre selling them at £29 a pair not set!

I'm sure I spoke to them a while ago when I saw an ebay auction an the guy stated categorically that they werent available from peugeot, so to prove them wrong I set off to my local dealer and ordered a full set.

As to where Autofive get them from they wouldnt say...

Rally Slag

i bought a pair of rear ones from autofive for my old 205, the actualy mudflaps and badges im 100% sure were peugeot items, but the fitting kit looked a bit takey and the way they fitted was s*it, i had a front paid on order but after i was doing a 3 point turn and one of my back wheels hit the kurb causing the mud flap to fall of when driving, i later phoned up and canciled the order on the front pair lol. Does anyone know if the genuine ones are a better quality, i think the autofive ones come out at £40 including the VAT for only a pair which did seem a bit steep for the quality of them, i need a new full set for my 309 though, i lost one )bloody reversed into a kurb again lol) and one of the front ones the bracket is rotten and broke in half but some how still attached perfectly and the other 2 i just dont even touch cause they look like there about to fall off.

Are the 309 ones same as the 205 ones? (I know the actualy mudflaps are the same, i mean the fitting kits)

cheers

oh and welshpug, can you post the genuine Pug part numbers up once youve orderd some more please :lol:

welshpug

will post the part no's as soon as I find them, the guy at peugeot actuially has a poster on the wall with original fitment mudflap application guide from the early to mid 90's so i'll copy down the part numbers and ask him if the 309 ones are available, the current moulding of the rears seems to be different to the original as thyere contoured to the shape off the spoiler.

The 309 has a different shape bumper on the back so they would be different, and the 205 fronts bolt on under the front wing rear bolt so they might be different as well.

welshpug

worth bookmarking, but seeign as I have 3 main dealers within 3 miles i'm sorted for parts suply :lol:

DaveW

The autofive ones look nasty tho just a printed '205 gti' logo on them.

huzzer

Thanks for the info guys. Welshpug, I couldnt see your photos for some reason, it said they had been moved or deleted? :) Thanks for getting them on there though even if I didnt see them. B) I slipped up bigtime, I ordered the set from Autofive before seeing all these replies, oh well!

welshpug

DOH! had a tidyup of my bucket account!

part numbers as follows -

205 GTi - 96861P and 96021C

309 GTi - 96861G and 96861L

405 Mi16 - 96861K and 96861J

all are about the £16 mark per pair and still came up on the system thugh werent in stock at the dealer.

IMAG0010.jpg

timmsy19

are the gti badges on these removable as i want a set for my xs (with gti rear valance) but dont want the car to be a gti "look-a-like" as i think there is no point

welshpug

yup, they come like this - 22-06-06_1303.jpg

timmsy19

looks good to me. i might be able to get some xs badges/stickers made up to fit

Rally Slag

welshpug>>>cheers for the part numbers dude.

one more question, i can see in the pic you get the mudflap it self and the GTI badges and clips to hold the badges on to the flap, but does it also come with the brackets to fit the flap to the car or are they a seperate item?

welshpug

they come complete with all nuts bolts and brackets, they are specific to the 205 GTi/CTi so there are no spare brackets, but I do now have 2 pairs of Silver CTi badges spare :)

feb

Welshpug i have the same as yours but afaik you need to drill the holes for the badges as there aren't any.

Also if the guards don't fit parallel to the wing you might need to redrill the hole on the guard for the bottom hook.

Sign in to follow this