• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ledders

Exhaust / Lights

ledders

Problem 1

I have searched but can't quite find a solution.... I have a 1992 205 gti with PAS I have looked pretty much everywhere for a "off the shelf exhaust" that would fit!! but non of them fit due to the slightly modified manifold due to the PAS.. Will I have to find some extra cash and get a custom build? How much? recomendations?

Problem 2

Lights are yours dim? Is there any solution to get them up to modern standards?

(no i dont want to change cars)

I appoligise now if it has been covered before but I have searched, thanks for your help..

Martyn

Craigb

What modifications have caused a none std to fit ?

Photos?

hengti

re lights - i think the standard full beam (with the driving lights on) is actually quite good

are you sure your bulbs all work on full beam?

if you're on the original lamps, you'd see a big improvement in renewing the light units too - both headlamps and the driving lamps. neither are particularly expensive.

i tried bigger bulbs in mine once, but it blew all the fusing. replacing all the lamps made a massive difference.

ledders

Sorry after reading my post for a third time it is not specific enough!!!

I am after a stainless steel exhaust, the mod is I believe a standard one that peugeot made to accomadate the PAS and can't find a aftermarket one to fit a few claim too, but when I bought them they just don't fit. Have you heard of this problem before? or am I being a muppet an cant see the wood for the trees!!!

thanks

Martyn

jim21070

Dim lamps: Usual problem is bad connections. It takes very little resistance in the circuit due to corrosion to dim them significantly. So check all connections are clean and tight everywhere in the lighting circuits and particularly check the earths as these too can corrode badly.

I agree with Hengti, 205 lights are very good and perfectly adequate. Tarnished reflectors can cause a huge loss but if your reflectors are nice and bright but you still feel that the lights are below par, try some of those brighter bulbs you can get these days. I particularly like the Philips VisionPlus and use them in my Xant. Now there is a car with poor lights. Candles in comaprason to the 205 searchlights but the Philips bulbs improved them immesurably.

Another wheeze to make 'em a little brighter is to feed them directly (fused though) from the battery via a big relay or two, using the old wiring to simply operate the realy(s). This cuts out all of the potential sources of high resistance in the circuit.

EDIT: My spelling and/or typing gets worse and worse..

Edited by jim21070

ledders
Dim lamps: Usual problem is bad connections. It takes very little resistance in the circuit due to corrosion to dim them significantly. So check all connections are clean and tight everywhere in the lighting circuits and particularly check the earths as these too can corrode badly.

I agree with Hengti, 205 lights are very good and perfectly adequate. Tarnished reflectors can cause a huge loss but if your reflectors are nice and bright but you still feel that the lights are below par, try some of those brighter bulbs you can get these days. I particularly like the Philips VisionPlus and use them in my Xant. Now there is a car with poor lights. Candles in comaprason to the 205 searchlights but the Philips bulbs improved them immesurably.

Another wheeze to make 'em a little brighter is to feed them directly (fused though) from the battery via a big relay or two, using the old wiring to simply operate the realy(s). This cuts out all of the potential sources of high resistance in the circuit.

EDIT: My spelling and/or typing gets worse and worse..

I am goin to try and tackle the wiring as I also have the age old problem of the passenger light only come on if you hit it!!!! thanks for the help martyn

welshpug

Leave the standard manifold and downpipe alone, if you have to change it go for a catback effect.

Simes

Remove the right headlamp.

Behind to the left is an earthing point.

Remove and remake all ends with ring terminals.

Bolt back to car.

Do the same on the otherside.

You'll be surprised what a difference this can make.

Sign in to follow this