• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest myrichdad

Been Sat For A Year! Starter?

richard

It could be the thermostat loom. This is exactly what went west on mine, and along with the thermostat switch cooked the gasket.

This replacement part of the loom iirc was around 45 from pug and took 3 weeks to come from france.

If you wish to bypass your fan switch system, you'll find a 3 contact brown plug. Pins are marked 1 3 5 connect 3 and 5 together...you should have the highspeed fan circuit bypassed. Connect 1 3 together should be the low speed circuit. If this works then its the switch thats at fault( or most likley) If it doesnt work then the loom and/or fan itself.

IMO of course.

steve@cornwall

also try the relay mounted behind bumper,under pass. headlight- often the casings are even corroded through!

Guest myrichdad
If you wish to bypass your fan switch system, you'll find a 3 contact brown plug.

Where is it exactly - (i am worse on electics than mechanical (and thatis saying someting!!!)

by what you say i should be able to follow a lead out of the fan/rad part to this connector.... will it be plugged into something??? do i unplug and bridge them with wires....

idits guide would be great

ta for the help

Kev.

Sign in to follow this