• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

Painting Carpet

gti-hysteria

i want my red cti carpet either black or dark grey, can i paint it? is there a special paint? i did do a search but no results found.

Jrod

Can't you just get a carpet out of a base model?

taylorspug

I tried painting red carpet black- didnt work too well, no matter how many coats i applied, just couldnt get rid of the reddish tinge.

Best bet as said is to get a black carpet out of a base model, or a grey carpet and paint that. The grey is fine to paint, as obviously the colour is very similar. :)

DaveW

hmm tough one as the Cti has wider carpet, Henry Yorke has a black carpet i think not sure where he got it from tho...

gti-hysteria

as far as im aware the cj's have a navy blue carpet, which would be a good start as its darker. mite just clean up my red one in the end.

steve@cornwall
as far as im aware the cj's have a navy blue carpet, which would be a good start as its darker. mite just clean up my red one in the end.

I have a faded but otherwise perfect red cti carpet that i've bneen thinking of dtyeing back to original colour-in the bath! (obviously when the mrs is out) Why don't you try it and let me know? :o:D:D:D:D

gti-hysteria

hmmmmmmmmm good one, i mite wait for you to try it first my friend

huckleberry

Sander Kolijn has succesfully painted his black, but I don't know what kind of paint he used. He sometimes comes on this forum but not very often.

steve@cornwall
hmmmmmmmmm good one, i mite wait for you to try it first my friend

Anyone in cornwall with an old bath going spare? :D

Sign in to follow this