• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willxs

S16 Wiring

willxs

Managed to aqquire myself an S16 engine over the weekend ( :) ) and im just wondering the best way to go about wiring it in.

i know with the S16 loom there's keypad issues, was talking to someone last night about it who said if i used the Mi inlet and fly wheel i could use that loom?

not sure how it'd work as the S16 doesnt use a dizzy and HT leads etc does it?

So if anyone wants to shed some light on the best possible, easiest way to do it. would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Will

jackherer

my friends S16 is running the 1.9 Mi16 inlet manifold and loom so it is possible (and works very well) but I dont know if he is using 1.9 cams to allow the dizzy cap to fit.

Hilgie

Preferable you should use the inletcam of a 1.9Mi.

But if I were you I would install the engine as-is and deal with some wiring issues because the newer engine management is much better and eliminates the AFM, rotor etc (all that stuff that brakes down regularyly).

Matt Holley

If it was me I would go with the mi loom manifold and HT leads as the coil packs on an s16 are rubbish the inlet manifold is just as bad, I see these bits as a weak spot on an s16 so any way to ditch it would be good imo

willxs

As im about as good with wiring as a fish opening a can of tuna, i think its going to have to be the easier route for now. one thing i plan to do in the future is throttle bodies and management so can adjust the loom etc accordingly.

but thats when the insurance is abit more reasonable.

so as for using the Mi loom, What other parts would i be needing?

i know things like the flywheel, loom (obviously), dizzy etc would i need the Mi inlet cam? and then the inlet manifold.

im trying to find all the necessary information i can regarding this conversion. spanner work for me isnt to bad, just wires!

Thanx for the replies :o

Hilgie

You can retain the S16 flywheel.

Just swap over the inlet cam and manifold. And fit all Mi16 ancilaries like dizzy cap etc.

Sign in to follow this