• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mishu

Loose Wires

mishu

Cleaning up the wiring in my car today (behind the dash, which is currently out and will be replaced with a GTi one).

I managed to unplug a green wire leading into a hole just in front of the driver door:

DSCN1730.JPG

I wanted to put it back in, but there are 2 plugs (a bit rusty but that got cleaned up) and only this wire?! :)

On the passenger (right) side, same story. There the plug is plugged into the right-side plug (looking forward), but here I don't know where it was plugged. Any help? What is the wire for, anyway?

On the other hand, while cleaning up the fuse panel, I noticed a wire was hanging loose. It's also a one wire plug, and -- behold -- there is a one wire spot where it would fit. Anyone know what it is for and if it really goes there? I didn't want to put it back in until I was sure... Wire is 6J (I think) and has a '92' label attached.

DSCN1731.JPG

Sign in to follow this