• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
typefern

No Spark

typefern

Hi,

Last night I jet washed my engine bay. When I started to drive it misfired so I carried on thinking it would clear.

I accelerated hard and there was a bang from the exhaust and the engine just died.

I have been looking all this morning and have tried all the obivious electrical connections . I have also checked for a spark from the coil lead but there isn't one. There is fuel though. The relay by the ECU is also clicking so I think its work fine.

I think it is either the ignition amp or the coil. (Is there anyway of checking these components)?

Any other help or ideas would be appreciated as I am at a real loss.

Cheers

Rich

adammada33
Hi,

Last night I jet washed my engine bay. When I started to drive it misfired so I carried on thinking it would clear.

I accelerated hard and there was a bang from the exhaust and the engine just died.

I have been looking all this morning and have tried all the obivious electrical connections . I have also checked for a spark from the coil lead but there isn't one. There is fuel though. The relay by the ECU is also clicking so I think its work fine.

I think it is either the ignition amp or the coil. (Is there anyway of checking these components)?

Any other help or ideas would be appreciated as I am at a real loss.

Cheers

Rich

The coil can be checked by checking the resistance on the coil there is a procedure and the correct values in haynes or on here somewhere

the tach relay and the anp are more difficult

relay- check that it clicks over when you turn ignition, but even if it does that it could still be dead its best to swap with a good one to check though

the amp can only be checked (without specilist equipment) by substitution and this is most likly fault in your case

adammada33
The coil can be checked by checking the resistance on the coil there is a procedure and the correct values in haynes or on here somewhere

the tach relay and the anp are more difficult

relay- check that it clicks over when you turn ignition, but even if it does that it could still be dead its best to swap with a good one to check though

the amp can only be checked (without specilist equipment) by substitution and this is most likly fault in your case

also i have spare working coil, ignition amp, tach relay and ecu if your stuck and am in coventry

typefern
also i have spare working coil, ignition amp, tach relay and ecu if your stuck and am in coventry

Hi

Very interested in the ignition amp, could you give me price on it. Cheers for all the help

Thanks Rich

t16ryan

have you tried removing and dryin inside the dizzy cap?

Ahl

There is a connection that comes off the dizzy and connects to a socket - this goes to the ignition amp.

Check that. Perhaps you've been unlucky enough to get water in the actual dizzy itself?

typefern
There is a connection that comes off the dizzy and connects to a socket - this goes to the ignition amp.

Check that. Perhaps you've been unlucky enough to get water in the actual dizzy itself?

Hi

There is no spark from the king lead, form the amp to the dizzy, which makes us think its the amp.

All advice is very welcome though

Cheers

adammada33

The dissy can be checked by pluging a multi meter with tachometer to the signal wire *middle) wire on the dissy and earth. it should read around 400 if ok when turning over (the conector has to be connected so the dissy is powered up to do this test)

you can have the amp for £10 and i can show you it working or test yours if you want on my car

typefern
The dissy can be checked by pluging a multi meter with tachometer to the signal wire *middle) wire on the dissy and earth. it should read around 400 if ok when turning over (the conector has to be connected so the dissy is powered up to do this test)

you can have the amp for £10 and i can show you it working or test yours if you want on my car

Borrowed an amp off a mate at work fitted it to the car and still no spark!!!

I think it might be the coil there is no spark coming from the coil to dizzy lead when I checked it.

Adammada33 is your spare coil a inlet manifold mounted one?

Please can anyone help this problem is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!

adammada33
Borrowed an amp off a mate at work fitted it to the car and still no spark!!!

I think it might be the coil there is no spark coming from the coil to dizzy lead when I checked it.

Adammada33 is your spare coil a inlet manifold mounted one?

Please can anyone help this problem is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!

yes it is inlet manifold mounted one

typefern
yes it is inlet manifold mounted one

Hi

PM has been sent

Cheers again John

adammada33
Hi

PM has been sent

Cheers again John

PM has been sent

adammada33
Hi

PM has been sent

Cheers again John

pm sent

adammada33
PM sent

:)

PM sent

typefern

Just like to say a big thanks to Adam who we met last and used his car as a test vehicle to find the problem with ours.

Sucess, it was the coil that had given up and now we have running engine again yay. :lol:

Cheers Rich

adammada33
Just like to say a big thanks to Adam who we met last and used his car as a test vehicle to find the problem with ours.

Sucess, it was the coil that had given up and now we have running engine again yay. :lol:

Cheers Rich

glad it did the job

I do have one of those seat belt buckles i will find it out if you want it

typefern
glad it did the job

I do have one of those seat belt buckles i will find it out if you want it

Cheers Adam

Can you give a price on the buckel if you find one.

Thanks Rich

Edited by typefern

adammada33
Cheers Adam

Thanks Rich

I think its the type you need as it doesent fit on mine but im not sure can you send a photo of the one you have that is wrong i would swap you as the one on mine rubs the bolster.

adammada33
Cheers Adam

Thanks Rich

what is the number on your buckle as mine is autoliv klippan 1 c5 486

typefern
what is the number on your buckle as mine is autoliv klippan 1 c5 486

I'll have a look tongiht Adam

adammada33
I'll have a look tongiht Adam

ok

jackherer

this thread is a total mess, can you keep the chatting to PMs in future please lads? :P

Sign in to follow this