• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
willxs

S16

willxs

Gettin an S16 engine at the weekend with the gearbox aswell.

my 1.9 Currently uses the mi16 box.

Im just wondering your opinions on which box would work best and what work would be involved in uses these boxes...

Cheers will

willxs

Also, can anyone point me in the right direction to some good conversion sites (preferably in english and using RHD cars.)

My main issue will be, as usual, the wiring... as im rubbish and will probably look into gettin help for this.

boombang

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/ has some articles on the Mi conversion but no idea about the S16 one.

If you are that bad then perhaps have a company make the loom up for you so you can plug + play.

The S16 and Mi16 boxes are the same ratios and very suited to the Mi/S16 engines

willxs

thanx boombang. yeah, im thinking of the idea to get someone to make me a plug and play loom, but its a case of finding someone willing to do the work and im not sure what sort of price i'll be looking at.

will i need any mods to run the S16 box? as its from the 306?

allanallen
will i need any mods to run the S16 box? as its from the 306?

you need to swap one of the levers on the top of box for the gti one. Be very CAREFUL though when you change it, if you let the shaft drop into the gearbox at all you'll lose 5th and reverse and you really dont want that to happen, trust me. you'll also need the clutch arm off a 405 mi16 as the 306 one fouls the battery tray, you could probably bend it to fit though. I also had to take a bit of material off the bracket that holds the clutch cable as this also fouled the battery tray.

If you need any help/pointers give me a shout and i'll try my best to help. al

Simes
thanx boombang. yeah, im thinking of the idea to get someone to make me a plug and play loom, but its a case of finding someone willing to do the work and im not sure what sort of price i'll be looking at.

Contact Miles from this forum, he should be able to help - although he maybe slow to respond as he's just become a father.

Sign in to follow this