• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
taylorspug

Mi-16 Ecu Options

taylorspug

Hello people,

Ive got the engine out of my MI at the moment for some general freshening up, but ive obtained some Autosprint 276 regrinds for a decent price, so thought i may aswell run these alongside a Fuel Pressure Regulator when i get the engine back in. Its a bit of a make do measure until i can get some bodies on it really, but im quite impatient for a bit of a power hike!

Obviously im going to need a higher rev limit to make best use of these cams, but im torn between what to do with the ECU as a whole. Do i go for something like a Dastek Unichip, get an off the shelf map from Collins Performance, or just get Collins to remove my rev limiter so i can run an Omex limiter, and make do with raising the fuel pressure slightly.

And how much are these options going to cost? Any experiences of any of these options or anything else is more than welcome! :ph34r:

Cheers,

Dan.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the engine will also have verniers, so the cams will be timed correctly and not the few degrees out they would be on std pulleys.

Edited by taylorspug

petert

Autosprint 276 really tells nothing about the cams. I doubt you'd need an adj. reg. however. There's plenty of spare fuel in the std. mapping. Your biggest gains will come from mapping the ignition correctly. I also doubt the need for a higher rev limit. If the std. ECU can't handle the new cams, then you'll need a higher rev limit and a new ECU. It's also a function of where you dial the cams in.

taylorspug

The only other evidence i have for these cams running on a standard engine, the power was still climbing at the limiter, and a higher rev limit was suggested to find the peak power. Also in the same case the adjustable fuel regulator was credited with smooting out the lower speed running (ie below 4k).

All i know of the cams is that they are 276 degree and time up at 110 degrees after and before TDC respectively. Im aware they are a bit wild for std management, as they start to 'pulse' the AFM flap, due to the amount of overlap i think? Engines arent really my bag, so you will have to work with me a bit on this one...

Ive no doubt that a new ECU would be the ideal option, but the world isnt an ideal place, so this is all ive got for now! :ph34r:

petert
The only other evidence i have for these cams running on a standard engine, the power was still climbing at the limiter, and a higher rev limit was suggested to find the peak power. Also in the same case the adjustable fuel regulator was credited with smooting out the lower speed running (ie below 4k).

All i know of the cams is that they are 276 degree and time up at 110 degrees after and before TDC respectively. Im aware they are a bit wild for std management, as they start to 'pulse' the AFM flap, due to the amount of overlap i think? Engines arent really my bag, so you will have to work with me a bit on this one...

Ive no doubt that a new ECU would be the ideal option, but the world isnt an ideal place, so this is all ive got for now! :huh:

I'd use the std. exhaust cam and dial the inlet in at 106-107, assuming its a genuine 276 deg. cam. That will keep the usable power range under 7200.

taylorspug

OK thanks for that, i will keep it in mind so i can make a decision before i screw the engine back together. :huh:

Sign in to follow this