• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
robgti

Tu Rev Counter

robgti

i know that this has been asked before but i would like to no what wires off the coil pack need connecting to the rev counter from a 106 gti engine to a 205. Any help would be great thanx

Sandy

425 from the ECU, which becomes 426 and 4260 to the diagnositc plug.

robgti

ok but ive been told that there is two wires off the coil pack which have to go to a resistor then to the rev counter itself thanks

Sandy

There's four wires off the coilpack, one is 12v supply, two are the LT to the ECU and one is the suppressor.. The ECU gives a tacho pulse on 425/426/4260

If you take a pulse off the coilpack the rev counter will read half speed.

Edited by sandy309

robgti

ok sorry to bring this back up from the dead but was wondering what resistors do i need to use to get this to work? i understand which wires im going to have to join just want to get it working thanks

Sandy

It would be a pair of diodes, not resistors, but I really would take it form the ECU, much simpler!!

robgti

so just find number 425 from the ecu and connect the rev counter feed to it yeah? cheers mate

Enfield

Speaking of the rev counter, how the hell do you get it to work properly?

Casanova

Mine's not working properly either - it kept shorting out 10A fuses so I stuck a 25A in there and its got through two of those already! Seems to read a bit high when it is working, too.

§

Edited by Casanova

Sign in to follow this