• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dd_156ar

'89 1.9gti Engine 'stutter' Around Left Hand Corners...

dd_156ar

Hi All

I have an interesting one with my 89 1.9 GTI. Sometimes when going round a left hand bend the engine 'stutters' when I go back on the power. This doesn't happen every time and does appear to happen only on left hand bends. I though it might be a fuelling issue??? the car does have 3/4 a tank of optimax in at the moment so I don't think it's a low fuel problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

philfingers

Could be a fuel pump problem. I had somethign similar on my 309 road rally car, anything below 3/4 tank gave me fuel surge problems. I pulled the pump out, cleaned out the filter on the bottom of it, put it back in and nothing since then, most odd but solved the problem! LMK how you get on with it!

dd_156ar

Thanks for the tip! I'll pull the filter this weekend and let you know how I get on.

dd_156ar

Well, it's cured. Before removing the fuel pump I took her for a quick run and the stuttering was really bad so I decided to replace the ignition amp first and sure enough this was the problem.

Weird how it started only on left hand bends... I wonder if the module was coming away from the heat sink or something like that. :o

Anyway I decided to clean the filter on the fuel pump as well - it was pretty dirty so well worth doing! :D

Sign in to follow this