• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mos

Rubber Mounts

mos

Hi,

i am trying to decide what type of mounts to use for my s16 conversion and canvass peoples views/opinions on the best options

i dont really want to use a Group N bottom mount as it seems to be way too hard for an everyday car with its bone shaking and rattles etc

but i am concerned that perhaps the standard mounts may be to soft, i really dont know.

my current set up on my 1.9s is standard mounts with the top mounts front buffer pad using spacer to limit movement as much as possible.

this was/is successful to a good degree but did not stop my magnex manifold catching the the bulkhead on acceleration, i though i would have to fit a group N bottom mount jobbie but as a last resort i put another standard mount in rotated 90 degrees so the rubber that contacts the metal outer ring from the centre of the bush were vertical instead of horizontal (hope you get what i mean)

this did the trick, luckily.

will the same set up work for a 16v engine, if not i have read posts in the past that there are harder bushes available from peugeot/citroen as standard on other vehicles, harder than the 205gti but not as hard as Group N.

i seem to remember xantia activa, bx gti, td 405 being mentioned amongst others on here over the years but alot of these posts are now a good 3-4 years old and i am just wondering if this is still the case or if someone hascome up with a better solution since they were written

thanks

Mark

philfingers

Xanthia Petrol Turbo engine mount fits the pug

Part No 180921

10.18 Pounds when I priced them last. They're harder than std but softer than GpN. This is the lower mount BTW!

taylorspug

The BBM group N lower mount really doesnt vibrate through the car that much, ive got the full set on mine, and barely notice the difference from standard. It certainly doesnt make it a pain for everyday use IMO, and i dont have to worry about them ever falling apart! :(

mos
The BBM group N lower mount really doesnt vibrate through the car that much, ive got the full set on mine, and barely notice the difference from standard. It certainly doesnt make it a pain for everyday use IMO, and i dont have to worry about them ever falling apart! :(

thanks for that taylorspug

is any one else using the BBM group N mounts on the road, what are your opinions on it?

philfingers

I'm using the PTS Gp N mounts on the road and you do get some vibration, not bad but if it was a road car it wouldn't be great as it makes the dash vibrate and rattle a bit. The BBm mounts maybe a bit softer.

Sign in to follow this