• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fisherspug

Paint All Over

Guest fisherspug

reeto guys

bought my 205 gti mouth or so ago, finally got er on the road,

all down one side is little dropings of paint from when the tool i bought it of was painting his front door next to my car in storage. cant moan cos i paid £100, n it had just had a engine rebuild and it was a minter in genearal.

any ideas for removal, and also some sort of paste he got on the font wing, dried like paint. t-cut solve my problems?

cheers

fisher

sonofsam

What kind of paint is it that you want to remove?

Id be tempted to have a little go with hot soapy water first or if not you

can buy a citrus based paint remover wich i have heard is quite good.

Would still be worried about the paint underneath though!

Rucksack webbing is also quite a good abrasive, but not so harsh on the paint work.

Watch out for the red snow also!

Guest fisherspug

red snow, blood i prusume.

think its wood work paint or summit like that, e painted front door etc

tryed hot soapy water t-cut alsorts

webbing from a ruksak eh, not thought of that

cheers mate

fisher

sonofsam

Yep usually from the nose.

Safe to say its not water based then.

Theres also a product in a spray can called TF-90 used for removing tar

spots but it does soften some paints, maybe enough so you can peel it off without damaging paint underneath.

ada205

Might be worth trying a clay bar if you have'nt already, and have you tried a tar remover mate? I've found these, such as Auto Glym's tar remover can remove paint. I also remember a car of a mates i did once, that was covered in tiny Masonary paint spots, and best i found for that was a cloth dipped in a little petrol, though i had to tackle each spot individually! Took for ever!! As soon as I'd finished, i totally cleaned the car, then polished, then fully wax'd.

I recommend you do a test before going steaming in though, no matter what you end up using, and like sonofsam says, may be worth trying soapy water first, with the water a little warmer than what you'd normally use to wash a car, but dont go mad boiling hot!

EDIT- sonofsam's beat me to the tar remover!

Edited by ada205

Rom

My mates car recently got covered in overspray. From his neighbour painiting his fence :wacko:

He used a clay bar, took a while, but it got all the overspray off. And also the paint was much nicer after too

timmsy19
EDIT- sonofsam's beat me to the tar remover!

thats twice. you should really type faster. :D:wacko:

there are some tar/bug remover cloths you can get from halfords that work.

Paintguy

I'd suggest a clay bar too.

I recently did a Vectra that was vandalised by having 10 litres of silk emulsion poured all over it. It took some time, but a combination of the clay bar and a power washer removed it :)

Sign in to follow this