• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

1.9 Timing Pin Location

pp205

Hi all, my head gasket has recently gone, this is now repaired but we are putting everything back together and are currently stuck on the timing pin location. Does anyone know of a step by step guide to timing anywhere on the web? Have been searching for the last hour or so but with no luck!

Cheers Simon

pug_ham

The cam timing pin can't be fitted wrongly but the flywheel pulley, although it has a choice of three holes, its the middle (& only one thats 10mm) that you need.

A picture of the correct crank timing pin in use is here.

Graham.

pp205

Hi graham thanks for the info, behind the pulley there seems to be 2 holes on the block at 11 o clock and 12 o clock positions, we think it is the left hand or 11 o clock one that we should be using, is this right?

Thanks again for your help

Simon

pug_ham

On the block there should be a slot that the timing pin sits in but it could've been snapped so you will only see one side of it but with the plastic cover fitted it will only go through in one place.

Graham.

pp205

I think the plastic cover might be the problem as I don't have one!

Guest rick03054

Heres a pic of mine with one side of the slot snapped:

890d53e0.jpg

The dowel goes to the right of the shiney bit.

Edited by rick03054

pp205

Thats brilliant thanks Rick, should have it all back together and running by the end of the day! Thanks to Graham again as well.

Should have another week or 2 of driving before something else breaks knowing my luck!!

Cheers Simon

Sign in to follow this