• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
feb

Upgraded Inlet Manifold Gaskets

feb

Has anyone used the inlet manifold gaskets from http://www.ferriday.co.uk/gaskets/gaskets.shtml ? There was a group buy a few months ago but I missed it ;)

Is the inlet manifold/gasket the same for both the 1.6/1.9?

Do you reckon these are worth the extra money or should I just use a new standard one?

Cheers,

Edited by feb

Jonmurgie

How much are they? Yes the 1.6 and 1.9 are the same...

Guest rick03054

The group buy was £38ish, IIRC the full price is £45.

I got one but havn't fitted it yet.

feb
How much are they? Yes the 1.6 and 1.9 are the same...

A bit dearly, 43 pounds including a set of stainless steel bolts/nuts.

Edit: Got beaten to it ;)

Edited by feb

jackherer

when the group buy was being proposed I suggested it would be a good idea to get any benefit proven before a lot of people buy them.

I have still seen NO PROOF THAT THESE MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Because they clearly don't....

These fit in pretty much the same category as ebay resistor mods IMO.

feb
when the group buy was being proposed I suggested it would be a good idea to get any benefit proven before a lot of people buy them.

I have still seen NO PROOF THAT THESE MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

Because they clearly don't....

These fit in pretty much the same category as ebay resistor mods IMO.

Have you tried them?

I was thinking along the same lines (i.e. rat's milk :P ). Even if they insulate better you probably won't see much difference .. note that in the website it is stated '24 degrees drop during a pit lane SIMULATION' not sure what they mean by that...

GLPoomobile

Not that I'm any expert, but surely any small drop in inlet temperature that these MIGHT produce is not going to make much difference on a 1.6/1.9 8V. So I certainly wouldn't pay that price for something so trivial.

Some of the Honda boys use similar gaskets but then a lot of them have much more highly tuned engines etc.

Beastie

I use thermal insulated gaskets and sandwich pieces often. On old carburettor engines which suffer from vapour lock in the summer when running on modern fuels. I'd want to see some pretty conclusive evidence that there is any benefit to fitting them to a 205GTI though. Gut feeling sways me towards the "ebay resistor mod" theory too - until I'm proven wrong :P

Batfink

so how do they stop conduction of heat through the bolts - special paper washers?

With the amount of air that will quickly pass through the inlet will it really have a chance to heat up significantly?

Rippthrough
With the amount of air that will quickly pass through the inlet will it really have a chance to heat up significantly?

Well that there is part of the problem - it's loosing the heat to the inlet charge...

Sign in to follow this