• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mishu

Do 1.1 Grs Have A Brown Multiplug As Well?

mishu

I've been cleaning up my engine bay the last couple of days (fun stuff), but I didn't see the brown multiplug everyone is talking about. :blink:

Do I have one? Mine is a 1990 1.1 GR (TU1 H1A). I'd like to clean it and make sure it's not corroded because I've been having some starting problems (just like this).

Also, I took out the starter motor and cleaned it. I didn't open anything, just cleaned the casing with a power washer. I've left it to dry for the night, I assume the water that got in through the end where the cog is will not affect it and evaporate by tomorrow, am I right? :ph34r:

Thanks!

Grim.Badger
I've been cleaning up my engine bay the last couple of days (fun stuff), but I didn't see the brown multiplug everyone is talking about. :)

Do I have one? Mine is a 1990 1.1 GR (TU1 H1A). I'd like to clean it and make sure it's not corroded because I've been having some starting problems (just like this).

Also, I took out the starter motor and cleaned it. I didn't open anything, just cleaned the casing with a power washer. I've left it to dry for the night, I assume the water that got in through the end where the cog is will not affect it and evaporate by tomorrow, am I right? :)

Thanks!

No, but it may have something similar. Half of the things that run through the multiplug will be absent on a 1.1 and the loom in general will be much simpler.

The starter motor may take longer to dry, if you have problems just give it a bit longer.

mishu

Well, I've cleaned up the earth wires (one on the gearbox and one on the suspension plate -- any others I missed?) and isolated any loose or exposed wires -- hope it'll hold. I'll post pics of my clean(-ish) engine bay in a few days, after I finish all the planned tasks.

When I removd the starter motor, it leaked some oil. I assumed it just got in there over time (but from the flywheel?). So I was thinking of maybe greasing the starter motor cog? Should I use lithium grease or rather some gearbox oil, I've bought 2l of 75W80 as I plan to renew the gearbox oil as well... or maybe just leave it as it is and it will get its lubrification back from the flywheel?

Should I worry about something on the inside of the starter not being lubed?

Sign in to follow this