• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave87

Rallye Arches

Dave87

hi people i've just got myself a set of the rallye arches to go on my 205 mardi, so i'm looking for advise from people on fitting them.

My 205 is lowered on the rear to match 60mm on the front so my 1900gti wheels tyres (195/45) are sat in the arch a lil bit (picture)

I think i'm going to need to space the wheels out to fill the new arches as i would like to keep a 15 inch wheel on. So i think the grinder will have to come out for the arches, but for the bumpers where as i want to get black bumpers would it be a good idea to get gti ones as i think they have a cut out for the gti arches.

I've had a look at a guys posts of him putting the same arches on a white rallye (sam) but he had a slitly different situation with his bigger wheels.

Any help ideas would be great

Dave

IMG00150.jpg

Edited by Dave87

sonofsam

Hi Dave :P

Sam's arches are those antares arches i beleive.I've had experience of fitting both them and rallye

arches, but not to a base model unfortunately.

Think there are a few other members on here who bought them from the group buy that could help you

when fitting to non GTI :)

Sam (another one)

Dave87

ok mate cheers have to wait and see.

Dave

Sam

Yeh mine was slightly different as I run 16x8's but I've just bought some 15x8s to go on it. I had to cut quite a bit of metal away at the rear, it's hard to explain what I done but I cut the outer arch to the shape I wanted and then bent the inner wing in strips, bent the strips up to meet the new outer wing shape, and bent them up, and seam sealered the lot. I get slight rubbing but I'm missing a bump stop and still have old shocks on the rear (but have 23mm bars). I have some pics of the process but they are on my pc back home in the UK.

Dave87

cheers for the replys people

sonofsam cheers for the link, i have held them up to have a lil look and found that they arn't the exact shape as the normal arch. So i know a bit of work is in order.

Sam not sure i'm going to be able to do what you did to ur arches as where i have mine the ride weight it is i had to grind the inner arch out a fair bit so the inside of my arch is cut back to the roof of it.

My plan was to cut the bumper back inline with the nut/bolt for the rear valence to get it out of the way then like you say cut the arch to shape. rust prove as best i can then fit the arches.

I have started looking for wider wheels i was thinking 15/7s what r your 15/8s.

cheers Dave

Jrod

I tried to fit arches to a xs i was breaking a few weeks ago, I cut the shape out from the outer skin and bent the inner arch up.

Wasn't that tidy and I woulnd't attempt it on mine.

paul205mi16

sam if you get chance to get those pics can you post them on here please-will help me and others out alot m8.

thanks

Paul.

Sign in to follow this