• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
neilshouse

Mi16 Megasquirt V3

neilshouse

Hello, this is my first proper post so please go easy on me!

Can anyone can help me or give me some advice, I have a 205 GTI with a Mi16 engine fitted and I have been looking at the Megasqurt V3 ECU as a means to get the engine running correctly, with hopefully a bit more power and economy, at present it is fitted with the standard 8v loom, dizzy, ECU, etc which I don't think is very good, I would like to use a wasted spark coil pack, fit a lambda sensor, and a throttle potentiometer (which the MS system needs).

Has any one on here done anything like this?

I need to know what type of coil pack is needed and are all lambda sensors essentally the same?

At present I've got to collect all the bits together and get my head round the ins and outs of the electronics.

Cheers

Neil

TEKNOPUG

Hi Neil, run a search as this has been covered lots and you should find all the details that you require.

BTW - whereabouts in Colchester are you?

neilshouse

Thanks Teknopug, I'm in the middle of reading all the relevant posts on this site, got a clearer view now on what I need, still lots to learn though.

I'm near the Paxman factory (or whats left of it) in Colchester, do you know it?

TEKNOPUG

Yeah, I used to live in the converted flats on the corner of the Rec, by the junction.

Bono

i used to live in colchester as well :blink:

I also run megasquirt on my daily runner S16

Sign in to follow this