• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GlasgowRob

Non Starting 205 Gti

GlasgowRob

Ok guys its still not running :P

heres the story

205 ran fine and broke down one day for no reason.

heres the problem

car will turn over fine and has a spark has fuel and timing is spot on

the car will not start. i mean she doesnt even try to start no cough or anything.

seems to overfuel heavily when trying to start and i suspect she's flooding but i would expect her to at least cough or fart at least.

everythings been changed on the ccar coil dizzy ignition module and are all known good components(hence nice spark)

timing hsa been checked and is spot on.

any thoughts guys???????

t16ryan

have you done anything to the engine, had one where the ECU coolant temp wire was on the wrong plug, or possible fault switch ?

jimbean

check the earths on the gearbox.. after that check wiring

had the same fault when i fitted a engine we pissed about for ages to no avail then it came right i can only think it was a bad conection on a seneor or earth :)

steve@cornwall

Pull the fuel rail off, complete with injectors, then crank it over with the injectors spraying into the cylinders and the injectors a few mm from the manifold. With the extra air it should rev it's nuts off! so be prepared to switch off quickly. If it does this it's overfuelling. check wiring to blue temp sensor and afm.

Paul T

Check the wiring to the blue temp sensor below the dizzy, I had one of the wires break under the rubber cover as it entres the plug. Same result as you. I know of 3 cars cars to have this problem. If the wiring is ok, try a different temp sensor.

Sign in to follow this