• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
t16ryan

1.6 Gti Using 1.9 Driveshafts?

t16ryan

to fit 1900 shafts to a 1600 shell, is all thats needed to swap the complete hubs? As have 1900 hubs complete with shocks and springs and i have shafts or is anything else different?

Jonmurgie

Nope, just swapping the hubs complete with driveshafts will do the job fine :)

Henry Yorke

But your 1.6 brakes won't fit onto 1.9 hubs unless you swop discs IIRC as the caliper mount points are different

t16ryan

Cheers nice one, :)

GLPoomobile
But your 1.6 brakes won't fit onto 1.9 hubs unless you swop discs IIRC as the caliper mount points are different

Are you sure?

I have fitted my 1.9 calipers to my 1.6, so it should work the other way around shouldn't it? I've had to keep the 1.6 discs, and can't fit the 1.9 discs until I get the 1.9 hubs and shafts on there.

Anthony

Calipers will fit fine, but you'll need 1.9 disks as the offset will be wrong on the 1.6 ones :)

Revla
Calipers will fit fine, but you'll need 1.9 disks as the offset will be wrong on the 1.6 ones :)

To steal for a mo....

I'm running 1.6 setup, can I use 1.9 calipers/ discs & pads on the 1.6 hubs or should I change to

the 309 GTi hubs I have? Don't really want to use the 309 d/s and wishbones really.....

I know this has been covered previously, but can't find it!

Mainly changing due to the 1.6 slider issues - as they always seem to have!

Cheers

Trev

Revla
To steal for a mo....

I'm running 1.6 setup, can I use 1.9 calipers/ discs & pads on the 1.6 hubs or should I change to

the 309 GTi hubs I have? Don't really want to use the 309 d/s and wishbones really.....

Cheers

Trev

Bump.....

Can anyone point me to the correct post on this please?

Anthony

Just swap the calipers over to 1.9 ones - retaining the exisitng 1.6 disks, hubs, and driveshafts - and all your problems will be solved <_<

309 GTi hubs are identical to 1.9 GTi ones, so you could use them together with 1.9 driveshafts on your existing wishbones - you'd also need 1.9 disks for this setup.

Revla
Just swap the calipers over to 1.9 ones - retaining the exisitng 1.6 disks, hubs, and driveshafts - and all your problems will be solved :lol:

309 GTi hubs are identical to 1.9 GTi ones, so you could use them together with 1.9 driveshafts on your existing wishbones - you'd also need 1.9 disks for this setup.

Cheers pal - much appreciated!

VisaGTi16v

Old thread alert sorry!

I just bought some 1.9 calipers to replace my 1.6 ones retaining the 1.6 discs, pads and hubs for now. They didnt come with the 1.9 bolts however and I believe that I need to use them when fitting 1.9 calipers to 1.6 hubs.

So the question is, are the 1.9 bolts longer or shorter than 1.6 ones, I am hoping shorter then I can cut down some spare 1.6 ones (if so how long exactly in mm?), if not I will have to buy some suitable ones or put a wanted listing up

cheers

Edited by VisaGTi16v

Anthony
So the question is, are the 1.9 bolts longer or shorter than 1.6 ones, I am hoping shorter then I can cut down some spare 1.6 ones (if so how long exactly in mm?), if not I will have to buy some suitable ones or put a wanted listing up

Considerably shorter - probably about 35mm long off the top of my head.

VisaGTi16v

Excellent thanks. Would be handy if someone had one laying around that they could measure the thread length on so I dont have to cut mine more than once :D

pug_ham

03 4405 17 04 CALIPER SCREW 12X1,50-35

I've got one here from a 406 thats the same size etc as the 1.9 GTi ones; overall length from underneath the head is 35mm (inc head 45mm) with a shouldered part thats 15mm long.

Graham.

VisaGTi16v

Cheers for that

Sign in to follow this