• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSimon

Some Cutting And Welding I Did On Sunday

PsychoSimon

Good evening all.

Well it's been pretty stagnent on the 205 build but i did some welding on the inner arch on sunday, andhave just worked out how to get the pictures from my phone lol.

This is what it looked like before with a horrible patch underneath to get it MOT'able in a hurry:

beforeia9.jpg

So I cut it out right the way back to the seams.................. (it was at this point that i started to feel feint as there was a lot of car quickly dissaprearing lol)

bigholeef2.jpg

So i quickly set about re-making the new section out of the roof skin of an automatic i scrapped (keeping the bonnet of course :( ) and welded it in place

justneedspaintingez9.jpg

Excuse the image quality i must have moved on the last one lol.

So now it just needs seam sealing and painting up as well as the join by the turret cleaning up, and all will be sweet ;) so all in all a happy bunny.

So now i'm one step closer to finishing it!! haha, still got quite a few to go though......

Regards,

Simon

Edited by PsychoSimon

welshpug

if you can get a pic of the join to the vertical panel thatd be great, that kinda thing needs douing to mine soon :(

PsychoSimon

i wont be up there till the weekend again, basically i made the panel about 5mm short, so there was a gap between the two, then made a piece that was slightly bigger than this gap, and welded it in from behind, then filled it in from the engine bay. Much easier and more succesful than trying to butt weld

Sign in to follow this