• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest woll

My 205's Been Injured!

Guest woll

Hey,

had a small smash on the way back from work today...offside wing screwed along with bumper and indicator! Does anyone know what the costs will be like to sort this out and whether anyone thinks i should go through my insurance company. I've got 4 yrs no claims and no no claims protection so trying to look after that as well.

Heres a pic:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i4/nitches/28082006105.jpg

Thanks guys

edit; image size, please refresh yourself with the Forum rules & guidelines or sizes.

Edited by pugtorque

steve@cornwall
Hey,

had a small smash on the way back from work today...offside wing screwed along with bumper and indicator! Does anyone know what the costs will be like to sort this out and whether anyone thinks i should go through my insurance company. I've got 4 yrs no claims and no no claims protection so trying to look after that as well.

Heres a pic:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i4/nitches/28082006105.jpg

Thanks guys

edit; image size, please refresh yourself with the Forum rules & guidelines or sizes.

Hi woll, sorry to see another bent Pug-feel it for you! Would think a decent body shop would want the best part of £1200 for that fender-bender!. If you're reasonably competent- it's probably no more than a couple hundred in parts, but not sure what proper paintwork would be, and miami probably wants pro. application.

If it were mine I'd replace the wing/bumper and lens and have a go with aerosol- with enough laquer it can be cut back to look pretty good. If you could do this yourself and maybe get some s/h parts you could be sorted for a couple hundred and the insurers none the wiser. (theres a wing and indicator in my garage if you want to go that route and you get down this way at all)

welshpug

wing £15 ish, O.E bumper from Pug - £115. Indicator from GSF £6.50.

all easy apart from the rusty bumper bolts...

kyepan

i'll have a miami wing available if your prepared to wait for my insurance to pay out.

Guest woll
i'll have a miami wing available if your prepared to wait for my insurance to pay out.

Yeah def, please mate, would be very handy. Is it the later miami blue? And when do you think it would be available?

Thanks

miamistu
Is it the later miami blue?

There's two? :D

Guest woll
There's two? :D

Ok, prob should have written 'don't quote me on this..' but i didn't! I was under the impression that the first limited edition ones were of a slightly lighter shade.

Most prob wrong but thats why I put that

luggy

Hi Woll

Sorry to hear and see your misfortune :D .

Luggy

Miles

If your keeping the car I would fix it up myself, Wing etc isn;t that hard and just get it sprayed by a pro, As for the shades of blue the 1989 version is more electric/outstanding than the later shades, There's more than 2, Think that's bad you should see Red...

Guest woll
If your keeping the car I would fix it up myself, Wing etc isn;t that hard and just get it sprayed by a pro, As for the shades of blue the 1989 version is more electric/outstanding than the later shades, There's more than 2, Think that's bad you should see Red...

I was planning on selling it within the next few months and I'm sure its prob worth me getting the work done rather than selling it as it is. Is it easy enough for a pro sprayer to just paint the wing or is there going to be a problem with blending it with the rest of the car?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this