• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Will Zx Td Rear Calipers And Discs, Disc Back Covers Fir 1.9 Axle?

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

just wanting to know if the capilers/discs and the back disc covers on this cit zx volcane turbo diesel will fit/same as ones on 1.9 205 disc break axle??

im building a new axle but needing discs and calipers and the the back protection plates (stop rain water getting on discs) will fit??

is and L reg one so any help would be gud?

also are the front driveshafts and hubs and brake setup/driveshafts same on that of a 1.9 gti?

did i search but didnt find anything really.

thanks all

dan

Ryan

The ZX will have the brakes operated by the hydraulic system so you won't be able to use the calipers unless you strip them down and replace the seals.

yorkshirekowboy

hi,

will the discs and the disc back plates fit thou mate??

thanks

dan

t16ryan
The ZX will have the brakes operated by the hydraulic system so you won't be able to use the calipers unless you strip them down and replace the seals.

Thought they were the same as the 1900? discs and calipers i could be wrong???

inferno

zx's are one of the few citroens that do not use hydraulic LHM for the breaks, and irrc they r the same calipers as gti's use, at least on the petrol volcane they are.

the front wishbones are different, the driveshafts are too long iirc, the hubs are possibly the same and front calipers ect... there the same as a 306 TD so try to search for that...

Miles

All the Derv's run Drum's on the back thou, Unless someone's changed it, I know that the ABS Rear cover's are different not sure on std ones, Calipers are the same, Disc's should be as there might be a couple of centre hole differances

Sandy

I'm using the complete ZX rear arms in the 309 tube on mine. Less toe in and more camber than the standard 309 gti arms.

t16ryan
All the Derv's run Drum's on the back thou, Unless someone's changed it, I know that the ABS Rear cover's are different not sure on std ones, Calipers are the same, Disc's should be as there might be a couple of centre hole differances

All diesel Volcanes had rear discs, none had drums, pretty sure they fit, as inferno says they are same as the 306

yorkshirekowboy
All diesel Volcanes had rear discs, none had drums, pretty sure they fit, as inferno says they are same as the 306

so then guys you think it would be worth gettiing discs, rear calipers and disc covers from it for my 1.9 axle??

thanks

dan

Sandy

Fit the complete arms if the bearing shafts are ok!

Anthony
I'm using the complete ZX rear arms in the 309 tube on mine. Less toe in and more camber than the standard 309 gti arms.

Is that the same for all the Volcane's, or is it specific to one particular model (1.9, 2.0, or TD)?

Are the 306 equivilents (1.8 16v, XSi, S16) arms the same, or do they run different geometry to the ZX's?

Sandy

The arms I have are drum ones and I knocked out the pins and swapped the drum gear for the disc gear off the 309. The 306 ones seem to have more toe in and camber, same for Xsara, but are still a useful camber upgrade.

yorkshirekowboy
The arms I have are drum ones and I knocked out the pins and swapped the drum gear for the disc gear off the 309. The 306 ones seem to have more toe in and camber, same for Xsara, but are still a useful camber upgrade.

Just i thought on the zx the tube is longer than a 205 and that the bearings fit in different places to the normal 205 shaft??

Anthony
Just i thought on the zx the tube is longer than a 205 and that the bearings fit in different places to the normal 205 shaft??

The tube is different and too long as you say, but the trailing arms are a very similar design and can be interchanged

Phil H

I had ZX callipers on my disc rear beam and they looked like the identical part to the 205.

welshpug

nearly all the PSA buiolt cars that run 247x10mm rear discs use the same calipers (SAXO 106 205 306 ZX Xsara and so-on)

yorkshirekowboy
nearly all the PSA buiolt cars that run 247x10mm rear discs use the same calipers (SAXO 106 205 306 ZX Xsara and so-on)

well i nearly int he process of removing the stub axles, dust cover, disc and calipers for my 205 gti 1.6 beam, so wondering if anoone is defo sure they will fit????

also any handy hits how to get the olds off?

thanks

dan

C_W

Yep, they'll fit, as said above all small and medium-sized PSA cars use this same caliper (from 5 turbo, clio 16v, to 206gti, 306gti6 etc). 405/406 and Laguna/Xantia sized cars upwards won't though.

Sign in to follow this