• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-hysteria

Smelly Mouldy Leather Seats

gti-hysteria

i fitted some full leather seats 2 my girlfriends 206 cc, a day later they had mould grown on them and they smell damp, we wiped the mould off but it comes back after a day or so, any ideas to get rid of forever and the smell

jackherer

sounds like they are very damp, a dehumidifier running in the car for a day or two should help.

gti-hysteria

thanx, im borrowing a small fan heater so will leave it in over the weekend. A can of fabreeze to i think

Henry Yorke

I can imagine your girlfriend is not too pleased to smell like a sack of potatoes!! I know my wife would not be!

If it was cloth, I would recommend one of those carpet doctors from Homebase to rent for the day and do the lot, however the water must be in the foam so it will have to come out naturally :) I would use some anti bacterial spray on them too to kill off any fungus.

I hope they were cheap!!

sonofsam

If it is fungus then a fan heater may make it worse/grow quicker!

As Jack says a dehumidifier is what you need.This will suck out the moisture.Amazing how much damp they

do pull out :)

gti-hysteria

we got them for £150 i thought that was pretty good including door cards aswell. Nope she was not happy telling be to put the cloth seats back in, i refused and bought her a air freshener. cleaned the seats a few times now and fabreezed them a few times to. left the roof off to let them air out. fingers crossed they seem ok now, time will tell

Sign in to follow this