• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Woosey

Fan Intake Under Scuttle Panel.

Woosey

took my scuttle panel off, there is no standing water in there, however there are holes in the scuttle panel to allow water straight into the fan intake....how on earth is that good design! :D

So how can it be "patched" up so water hasn't got an easy ride in? make a snorkel for it?!

thanks

Chris

Edited by Woosey

Jonmurgie

what ARE you on about?! It's clearly not a problem so go find something else to fix!!

Woosey

It was last on my list :D

Soaking wet passenger side isn't where its at :)

Edited by Woosey

TEKNOPUG

How an earth else is air going to get into the fan intake without holes in the scuttle panel?????

You're soaking passenger side will either be a leak in the heater matrix of the water will be coming in through the window rubbers

Jonmurgie

Do you have a sunroof? If so then it's probably a blocked drain pipe from there...

Woosey
Do you have a sunroof? If so then it's probably a blocked drain pipe from there...

Yup

however the leak is under the carpet

TEKNOPUG

Heater matrix then. Or you have a hole in the floor!

Woosey
Heater matrix then. Or you have a hole in the floor!

im 100% its not the heater matrix, ive had one go before!

she hasn't been driven in 8 months and the coolant hasn't gone down, also rules out a hole on the underside.

mystery leak!

Jonmurgie

How do you know it's under the carpet and not on top? I get a leak in my track car from the door seal rubber and where it joins on the bottom... might be worth looking there?!

Woosey
How do you know it's under the carpet and not on top? I get a leak in my track car from the door seal rubber and where it joins on the bottom... might be worth looking there?!

top carpet = always been dry

when i pulled it out to stick the alarm in ages ago, it was wet underneath, dried it up, however its back to how it used to be!

Gentrix

The scuttle panel has to be fitted underneath the Windscreensealing - if it just sits on top of the sealing, you will get wet feet. So check, if the scuttle panel is correctly fitted

andi

Woosey
The scuttle panel has to be fitted underneath the Windscreensealing - if it just sits on top of the sealing, you will get wet feet. So check, if the scuttle panel is correctly fitted

andi

ah ok didnt do that today!! thanks!

Sign in to follow this