• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Steam Cleaning Carpets

Justin

My carpets are really grubby and try as I might with a wet vac and a scrubber I just can't get them clean. Anyone know if a decent steam cleaner would be any good? I know they are really for hard surfaces, but you hear all sorts of miracle testaments etc...

Many thanks,

Justin.

Ahl

I got my girlfriend a really good steam cleaner the other day.

Im still to try it out on my car carpet (plenty of oil spots on it) but I'll let you know - it made the seat pattern look very red and new anyway.

I did try it on an oil stain in the house and it took it away, but I used the high pressure steam nozzle and frazzled the carpet a bit too! ;)

Baz

I've steam cleaned a few carpes now, just go easy on the heat and pressure as they tend to fade a little!

jackherer

the carpets are synthetic so they can take a soaking but heat is probably bad for them, I normally take them out and jetwash them, that gets them very clean and doesn't cause any damage at all.

Andy_C

Try Autosmart Bio Brisk. Got some pics somewhere of a headlining in a Toyota 4x4 which was owned by a heavy smoker so was dark brown stained. This gear shifted it in one hit ;)

Well worth trying as it's supposed to work on pretty much anything

t16ryan

I remove mine and pressure wash them as BAZGTMi says, they come out really clean well worth doing, :D

steve@cornwall
I remove mine and pressure wash them as BAZGTMi says, they come out really clean well worth doing, :D

Just make a solution of ordinary washing powder up, apply and rub clean with a towel- scrub gently with a washing up brush for stubborn areas!! Works an absolute treat. For the really stubborn oil stains, get it wet and pour some powder on, rub it in with your fingers then leave a while before rubbing with towel. Used eith the brush it's really good on interior vinyl, too, gets the dirt out of all the textured bits, just takes a lot of rinsing.

Guest quantumjohn

I've had pretty good results doing similar to what Steve Said. Bit of washing powder and water, rinse then towel dry. Not had any oil on the carpet to remove though. - My neighbour is a ChemDry agent http://www.chemdry.co.uk/

He has some useful solutions in his van for getting rid of bad carpet stains - and they smell nice too!

Might worth finding asking a carpet restorer if you could 'test' a solution if any of the stains are bad.

John

Edited by quantumjohn

ORB

Pressure washer is the way to go

At the dealership where i work, the valet boys often get the jet wash and blast carpets while still in the cars if they are really dirty.

Then, they suck out all the excess water with the wet n dry vax thingie.

And leave with a de-humidifier in the car over night.

it works a treat and gets out all the ming stains and leaves a mint carpet.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this