• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Woosey

Side Lights In The Headlights Aren't Working...

Woosey

Turn the stalk to side lights, rear lights work fine, however neither headlight works....turn to dipped and the main bulbs come on.

I know they are separate bulbs however do they have their own fuse (sidelight bulbs in the headlights)?

I went to halfords to try to pick up a spare bulb, and they didn't list it in the catalogue, they reckoned it was a combined bulb?

Im very confused!!

Thanks

Chris

Jonmurgie

Have you actually checked the sidelights you have already?

The new bulbs you want a straight forward W5W so you shoudl get those real easy from any motor factors (or halfords)

Woosey
Have you actually checked the sidelights you have already?

The new bulbs you want a straight forward W5W so you shoudl get those real easy from any motor factors (or halfords)

well they did work, however i had the headlights out due to one having a leak (sealed back up) and the other needed a new bulb....

however since refitting them, neither work. i guess they are wired in parallel? So if one dies, they both will not function.

bitchass 205

not nessacerily, my o/s one went but the nearside was still one. i found out that it was a loose connection, sometimes the holders for the bulbs become brittle and snap so that the bulb doesn't sit properly.

Rob_the_Sparky

Yep, I had this problem on one of mine. The bulb holders die, try wiggling a bulb with it turned on...oh and they certainly are not wired in series (which would mean if one dies they both die, in parallel is normal).

Rob

Sign in to follow this