• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Powers

Fitting Motronic 3.1 To An Alloy Block Mi16

Powers

I have been offered a 405 Sri for parts and so that automatically got me thinking about the possibility of fitting the Motronic 3.1 onto my 1.9 Mi16. The main benefits being the removal of the AFM and the lumpy idle and the possibility of using gti-6 injectors and a larger (Audi) Throttle body.

I have researched into the conversion however not many people have succeeded in the completion of the conversion and hence i have a few questions:

How expensive would it be to get the 3.1 ECU remapped?

Or does anyone have a 4.1 (not sure if thats correct! The ECU out of the AFM less Mi16's) ECU for sale?

Are there any areas of concern or great difficulty?

Cheers.

jimbean

i only know that the late mi16/s16 use bosch mp3.2 and uses a map seneor in the ecu. i have not come across the 3.1 but presume the 3.2 superseeded it. and it is a chipable unit so remap can be easy

y put bigger injectors in? have you tried raising the fuel pressure

jackherer

it is remappable but only by Wayne Schofield @ chipwizards at pretty high cost unfortuanately.

as well as losing the afm you lose the crappy dizzy cap too.

pug_ham

I've got MP3.1 on my 8v & its fine, it will work on the Mi16 (AndyR wired it into his temporarily but never got it remapped).

It will run the Mi16 with no rpoblems but Wayne advised Andy to have it remapped asap to avoid holing a piston due to the different advance settings between an 8v & 16v.

Are you sure there's only one person in the whole country the can remap motronic! no disrepect.

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/engine-remap/angel-tuning.aspx

Rest assured we always use the best quality products such as Supersprint, Red Dot brakes and BMC air filters. So, not only will you benefit from the best quality package, the advantage of a one stop shop solution, gives you great savings.
:P

Looking at the prices they quote for the Golf TDi remap, Wayne is cheaper anyway. They don't say they can re-map Motronic & all they list is newer cars such as the Mini one, Golf TDi pd130, contact them & ask if they can & how many they've done before.

Graham.

Powers

Cheers, the car will be arriving later on today so I will have a look and check it has all the necessary parts.

How expensive is Wayne at chipwizards? Would he possibly have a base map so I wouldnt need the added expense of a rolling road session?

Also could I not just try and find a 4.1 ECU, which would be the cheaper option.

Miles

I'm sure the figure of £400.00 rings a bell, Not cheap as a couple of remaps and you could get a Omex/Emerald etc

pug_ham
How expensive is Wayne at chipwizards? Would he possibly have a base map so I wouldnt need the added expense of a rolling road session?

Also could I not just try and find a 4.1 ECU, which would be the cheaper option.

Miles is right, afaik Wayne charges £400 now but less for minor changes in spec needing a remap but I have yet to go back for any changes on mine so can't say that for certain.

TBH you will probably be best trying to find either an ML4.1 or 1.3 loom & ecu for use on an Mi.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this