• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyr9876

Alternator Wiring

Guest tonyr9876

Can anyone tell me whethere is any difference between phase 1 and phase 1.5 alternator wiring (that is, are there a differnet number of connections are there)?

I'm in a bit of a quandery at the momment i've had a suspected alternator failure on my phase 1.5, so i replaced it with the one from my phase 1. However, whilst doing the job i noticed that there were three conections made to the alternator on my phase 1 (starter, instrument cluster and one i'm not sure about (surpressor perhaps) whereas there were only two on my phase 1.5 (starter and instrument cluster)

Now can any one tell me whether this is correct as the previous owner of my phase 1.5 had made a number of unknown electrical alterations to accomodate various pieces on ICE or i've missed one of the connetions?

thanks

Tony

pug_ham

All the 205's I've seen (including Mi's) have had the same number of wires to the alternator, one direct from the battery & one for the field windings with a spade connector.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this