• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ashnicholls

Tuning

brianthemagical

why not just take it to the nearest garage and ask them to put there gas analyser on it? it will give you a starting point.

Guest ashnicholls

I have got one, but I was focusing more on how it was running. Because it sounded rough and lumpy.

Owain1602

Sooty plugs could be because its missfiring, doesnt mean its running too rich. You need to set your cam timing back to what you set it up before playing around then try with a few more screws out to the mixtures. But you need clean plugs.

And in reply to your cleaning plugs debate, you SHOULD be able to clean them but i have always found it doesnt seem to work, where a new plug would sort it. About the multiple electrode plugs, I always use them in work but it's generaly the centre one that erodes away and you only get 1 of them, so having 3 outer electrodes shouldnt make a whole lot of difference. anyway......

Guest ashnicholls

Got it running now. Took it to Hi-Tech Motorsport, and he gentle rolling roaded it.

But found out my carbs are too old and knackered.

The acelerator pumps are too worn, so dont work.

So that explains the poor low down running.

But thanks for all your help everyone.

Edited by ashnicholls

SPGTi

What's the next step ? New carbs ? So close to finishing you just need that final push.

best of luck

Steve

Guest ashnicholls

Yes, replied to other post before I saw this one,

Yes after another set of carbs, in alot better condition.

Sign in to follow this