• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Xu10j4rs Or Xu10j4

pugpete1108

still on the hunt for a decent engine for my 205 track car and have been offered a xsara vts engine ,now the bloke says its a RFY engine code (xu10j4 155 bhp s16 engine) ,but the only one for the xsara vts i can find is the RFS (xu10j4rs 167bhp gt16 engine) is there alot of difference between the two engines that can warrant a 12 bhp difference ?

any help would be appreciated guys

jochem

Different heads, mannifolds, management.

AFAIK VTS would mean it has the gti6 xu10j4rs lump.

littlemike

If it's got a blue sensor on the front of the head that pokes into the cambelt cover then it's a Gti6 engine, which is what a Xsara Vts will be unless someone's swapped it for the wrong engine sometime which is not unheard of :)

pugpete1108
If it's got a blue sensor on the front of the head that pokes into the cambelt cover then it's a Gti6 engine, which is what a Xsara Vts will be unless someone's swapped it for the wrong engine sometime which is not unheard of :rolleyes:

don't suppose you have a picture ,or anyone elso ?, as the guy cant find the engine code as its gone a bit rusty,he is trying to find the chassis number to get it from but if that fails it will be a photo for identification.

as it wil be coming from blackburn (i am in the s/east) there is no way i can see in person

jochem

If its got a black plastic inlet mannifold its not a gti6. Shoud be easy enough to check :-)

M@tt

not exactly sure which one this is but it was in our local scrappy. ReturnOfJim thought it was the 155bhp one

DSC00030Medium.jpg

DSC00029Medium.jpg

jackherer

thats about 138bhp :P

that looks more like a Xantia estate than a Xsara VTS to me? :)

I think I'm right in saying thats an XU10J4 as opposed to an XU10J4R or XU10J4RS which are what you're looking for...

B1ack_Mi16
thats about 138bhp :P

that looks more like a Xantia estate than a Xsara VTS to me? :)

I think I'm right in saying thats an XU10J4 as opposed to an XU10J4R or XU10J4RS which are what you're looking for...

XU10J4 = 155bhp

XU10J4R = 136bhp

XU10J4RS = 167bhp

So you ideally don't want the J4R.

That one looks like a J4R btw...

pugpete1108

what is the xsi engine , is it a s16?,is this an s16?

any.jpg

the bloke is emailing me some pics so hopefully i can post them and find out what it is B)

cybernck

now that looks like a XU10J4 S16 to me B).

however, are you sure it's not a ZX but a Xsara?

Miles

The 306 XSi engine is as Matt's pic in the Xantia, again found in the 406 and many many others. The early ones where 8v so easy to spot, Your pic above is the S16 engine as fitted to the 306S16 (UK), ZX16v. Xantia VSX, 405 Phase 2.

pugpete1108

ah so the xsi is one to avoid than really. and the one pictured is the 155bhp one ?, thats cool

Sign in to follow this