• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Mega Squirting An Mi16

inferno

Due to budget not alowing a DTA this side of christmas... ive just spoke to a guy about a MS ecu for 315quid (anyone know where the pound sign is on my keyboard??!).

He said to get it to work on my mi16 based engine id need to use a coil pack from and xu10 and an air temp senser from a similar engine.

Am i right in thinking i could use the intake temp senser from the bx gti / zx without afm or xu10 turbo engine, so long as its motronic ecu?

is there any other sensors id need to source elsewhere? is it advisable to use the knock senser as this isnt included and was 40 quid extra from the original price.

The guy also claims to be able to add extras, such as nitrouse control, launch control, water injection ect, which tie in with my later plans, at extra cost as and when i need them.

He also advised using a wideband landa for tuning purposes, but said it would be relatively easy to setup without one.

So whos fitted there MS to an mi16, and how easy was it to setup? and have i missed anything of the parts needed list?

Cheer, Tom.

Bono

i'm running the latest megasquirt MS-II on my s16, i use EDIS ignition and all the standard pug sensors work fine.

Its pretty easy to setup, i made my ecu myself and its worked without a hitch on my daily driver for several months.

jackherer
its worked without a hitch on my daily driver for several months.

thats exactly what I want to hear, I hope you're still bringing it to the Essex meet? :P

Rippthrough
Due to budget not alowing a DTA this side of christmas... ive just spoke to a guy about a MS ecu for 315quid (anyone know where the pound sign is on my keyboard??!).

He said to get it to work on my mi16 based engine id need to use a coil pack from and xu10 and an air temp senser from a similar engine.

Am i right in thinking i could use the intake temp senser from the bx gti / zx without afm or xu10 turbo engine, so long as its motronic ecu?

is there any other sensors id need to source elsewhere? is it advisable to use the knock senser as this isnt included and was 40 quid extra from the original price.

The guy also claims to be able to add extras, such as nitrouse control, launch control, water injection ect, which tie in with my later plans, at extra cost as and when i need them.

He also advised using a wideband landa for tuning purposes, but said it would be relatively easy to setup without one.

So whos fitted there MS to an mi16, and how easy was it to setup? and have i missed anything of the parts needed list?

Cheer, Tom.

You can get it cheaper than that, and the nitrous control etc are all just sofware updates - i.e - free.

Bono
thats exactly what I want to hear, I hope you're still bringing it to the Essex meet? :(

If i remember what day it is :P

You can have my spare ecu for £315, thats a MS-II cpu on version 3 board. I built it for a mate who decided he didn't want it, so its gathering dust on my shelf :)

feb
If i remember what day it is :(

You can have my spare ecu for £315, thats a MS-II cpu on version 3 board. I built it for a mate who decided he didn't want it, so its gathering dust on my shelf ;)

I may be interested in this as well. Who can map it on a RR though?

Edited by feb

inferno
If i remember what day it is :(

You can have my spare ecu for £315, thats a MS-II cpu on version 3 board. I built it for a mate who decided he didn't want it, so its gathering dust on my shelf ;)

hmmm are you trying to sell me or jackherer this?!

very intrested... do you have the pigtail loom and all the software id need?

will it fit on and run my mi16?

jackherer
hmmm are you trying to sell me or jackherer this?!

you I suspect, I already have some megasquirts :(

aeinstein
(anyone know where the pound sign is on my keyboard??!).

shift and 3?

i had a keyboard a whie back with £ and @ were the wrong way round. took ages to figure that.

sorry to hijack your thread! :(

al

Bono

perhaps i should put it up for auction :(

Most places can probably map it as its similiar to most 3d ecus. Mikanics is where i took mine to. Also if you have the correct wideband sensor it can auto map the fuelling to specific AFR points.

You would also need the EDIS setup, which includes trigger wheel, sensor, coilpack and module.

It doesn't come with a loom, however i could get my hands on some alarm cable which is 12core and coloured. Its also armoured so that acts like a bit of a shield ;)

Software is megatune, you can get it from the megasquirt site

inferno

I was led to believe i could use the 60-2 flywheel on the phone... is this not the case?

cybernck

p.s. for those without english keyboards, you can press ALT+0163 (on numeric keyboard) to get the £ sign :(.

inferno

{ no it gives this symbol on mine!:(

niklas
I was led to believe i could use the 60-2 flywheel on the phone... is this not the case?

f it's Msns-extra modified and running that code then yes you can!

Mad Professor

inferno: like I said over msn all the details you need regarding Megasquirting a 8v or 16v are on my MegaSquirt Project Site.

Sign in to follow this