• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ren

Bulb Positions

Ren

Has anyone got a picture of the back of their dials? Half my bulbs are missing and I want to know where they should all go as it's annoying not being able to see the left side of my dash and bits of the right at night.

Cheers, Ren.

TEKNOPUG

eh?! All the bulbs in the dashes are the same, so just fit a bulb where there is a bulb-holder.

Either this is a very silly question or I have missed something????

Ren

Sorry, I should have typed a bit clearer but it was late, half of the bulb holders are missing as well so out of all the holes I'm not sure which should have a bulb in and which don't.

TEKNOPUG

Aha!

Probably trial and error is your best bet. I think that there are 4 for the main dials. Run a search - you should be able to find details on here.

GLPoomobile

On the one hand you could just put a bulb in every available holder, but what I have done in the past is to hold the dials up with a bright light behind, which will shine through and illuminte the guages. Through trial and error you can work out which holes are not used on the GTI and which are. Not difficult.

Jez G

There is an article called "Instrument Panel Explained" on the main site, i used it to sort mine out

Jez

Ren

Just had at look at the article on the main site and most of the bulbs are missing out the back of the dials on there too. Looks like it's going to have to be the shining the light through idea then. Cheers guys.

TEKNOPUG

There should be enough length on the leads to get to the back of the dials whilst it's plugged in. Just find somewhere dark where you can move the bulbs about until everything lights up.

Sign in to follow this