• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jer309GTi

Legal To Drive With No Front Bumper On?

Jer309GTi

A strange question I know, but I need to take the front bumper off of the 306 to repair it, and I'll need to drive it whilst its off. Is this ok to do in the eyes of the law? Thought I'd better check cos don't want any hassle from Mr Plod :blush:

Jonmurgie

In theory, yes... as long as you have your numberplate still displayed obviously, though don't be surprised to be pulled by the cops quite a lot as they do/will target cars that look like they are being driven by pikeys :blush:

Alastairh

No because sharp edges may cause extra harm if you hit someone.

t16ryan
:blush: I dont think you are aloud to drive without a bumper? for safety reasons if you fit a person there is nothing to absorb the impact and jagged edges, :):D

Kriss

No because what was said about hitting people. My friend drove about without on his punto for nearly a month but the cops never stopped him for it once. So, depending on how bad the cops are your way, you might be safe.

Baz
:blush: for safety reasons if you fit a person they will absorb the impact and jagged edges, :D :D

:):P

As said, if for any reason it'd fail an MOT, sharp or jagged edges etc, then probably not, but otherwise, i can't see the harm.

Edited by BazGTMi

Gary

I did the same thing once and got pulled over

They said it will be ok to drive,just as long as i removed the brackets aswell so nothing was poking out too far infront,this was a 205 though.

Leet205

No, youre not suposed to do it as its classed as exposed bodywork and you can get done with it.

as said tho...know plenty of people that have done it and not had any hastle tho.

Jer309GTi

Thanks for the replies, it should only be for a couple of days so I might risk it. Then again, it would be better to try and do it in a weekend when it wont be used

Guest smokinslim

No valance is ok. I checked this with my mot centre as my test is due and my valance is in bits in the bin, you don't half get some funny looks tho!

Edd-XS

I drove my 205 around for about 2 weeks with no front bumper or valance a couple of years ago and cops would drive past and never said anything. Obviously it's not advisable and if you do get pulled over explain the situation and im sure you'll be ok!

Edd

M3Evo

I got pulled a few weeks back because the Fash *thought* I didn't have a front bumper, even though I do!

Sign in to follow this