• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_sport

205 Stdt

Pug_sport

A friend of mine as a 1.9stdt 205 but it has a crack in the manifold and he is wondering if the 1.8 manifold is the same fitting or not

Does anybody know ?

Not sure if he means the one out of the 306 or if they did a 1.8 turbo diesel in the 205.

Please help it sounds like a machine gun when your driving it.

jim21070

IIRC, the STDT had the 1769cc Turbo Diesel (XUD7T), not a 1905cc. Could be wrong but my old STDT certianly was a 1.7.

Any 1.7 TD manifold should be OK, particularly from an early 405 or 309 TD, all of which used the same XUD7 engine.

Not 100% sure if the 1.9 TD (XUD9T) manifold will fit but I would be surprised if it did not. Again a wide choice of donors for this one.

Is it the manifold though? Cracks are rare in the TD. Check the exhaust mainfold gasket and exhaust downpipe and joints first, not forgetting the turbo itself.

DTORU

From my modding experiance i can safley say that all manifiolds from xud peugeot engines are interchangable, i.e 306 1.9td will fit the 1.8 td 205 etc.

Thanks

DTORU

Sign in to follow this