• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
inferno

Noz Users...

inferno

ive done a search, but id like specificly the users to post install pics and kit info/jet sizes ect. also what work have you done to the head/cams ect.

reason for asking is the 16v inlet cam seems to be the upgrade most people mention on non noz engines, but ive read that the power on the noz engine is relying on the exhaust side, as the increase in oxygen happens after the inlet valve closes and therefore the zorst needs to flow better than the inlet?

or am i getting tottally muddled up here. i was all up for getting a bit of head work done but after reading up on noz im not sure whats best.

hexhamstu

please stop saying noz

inferno

noz

noz

noz

noz

noz

noz

noz

noz

noz !

richard

its NOS

anything over 50bhp without a progressive controller is likely to see you with a lot of damage.

NOS will give you a kick, but in the Mi i was in at the time, it only became evident after 70-80mph....after that it was very fast.

The car was specc'd in other departments to cope with this though.

If you get the head work done, then you always have the power on tap...over time a bit more cost effective in my book.

Unless you dont like corners.

Rippthrough
its NOS

It's N2O. ;)

hexhamstu

or nitrous oxide?

sonofsam

or nitrogen oxide ...

richard

or laughing gas (as used by dentists)

boombang

or cream in a can propellant!

Bono

its actually nitrous, NOS is a trademark company. like calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover ;)

I used a 50bhp shot on my S16 for ages without a hiccup, the kit was a wizard of nos it with 5lb bottle.

Costs £25 to 30 to fill the bottle.

Great fun although because of the multi intake manifold on the s16 you can get some impressive flames on overrun as nitrous and fuel are sucked through when the second butterflies open.

Now i have a direct port kit for my bodies, still running 50bhp jets but i haven't used it as the ecu is only running a base map.

jackherer
in the Mi i was in at the time, it only became evident after 70-80mph....

thats because Andy could only use it in 3rd and higher otherwise it would just spin the wheels, he did show me what it was like in second, basically it was just a lot of spinning and smoke but occassionally it would bite and the car shot forward at a silly speed. I reckon a progressive controller that can tell what gear your in and increase the nitrous delivery in the higher gears would be useful, I have no idea if such a thing exists?

inferno
I reckon a progressive controller that can tell what gear your in and increase the nitrous delivery in the higher gears would be useful, I have no idea if such a thing exists?

remapped auto box ecu to control nos?

although id imagine an auto box would sap some power...

or maybe use of the speed senser and rpm on an aftermarket ecu?

Edited by inferno

jackherer

I considered using the speed sensor to work out the gear based on rpm compared to road speed but it becomes wildly innaccurate as soon as the wheels spin up

inferno

what about using the abs sensers to cut nos pulses when losing traction?effectively traction control that just cuts the nos...

im sure a lot of ecus incorporate TC now, so could control nos, and cut it when cutting power at wheelspin moments?if the TC was purely used to cut the nos suply it might be quite good...

Pug_sport

NOZ, NOS, N2O, Nitrous, Nitrous Oxide, Laughing Gas, 2N2O(g) ---- 2N2(g)+O2(g).

Who cares we all knew what he meant ?

Guest BrainFluid

Ha! Whizz Bangery huh!

Some time soon I'm going to get a little 50cc moped / one of those old bikes that have pedals and an engine strapped to the middle of it.

And I really fancy sticking a few little Wizz Bangery canisters to it. All for safety purposes of course... Its pretty easy to get of of trouble on a proper motorcycle, just accelerate out of there.

:)

inferno

Ive been advised to run DTA management and noz on my new engine im about to build, the management incorporates noz control based on load/rpm/speed ect, also can be programmed to incorporate TC, launch control and flat throttle shiffting!

all for a very reasonable price, and should i not be able to map it myself, the guys who can are 2 mins away from work!

just need to decide on a suitable NOZ kit! looking for 100bhp

Bono

Heres a pic of my injector setup:

dsc00015eb5.th.jpg

its hidden underneath so you can't see it from above :)

dsc00013uw9.th.jpg

inferno

what car is that? what kit? and does it run fuel and noz into each branch of the manifold?

for a true stealth setup add a few spots of black paint to the solanoids!!!

Bono

thats my car, its a 306.

the kit is a wizard of nos kit whch i upgraded to direct port. fuel and nitrous goes into each inlet runner.

jacobs53

Regarding the TC method - If you was to locate a stand alone TC/ABS module off another vehicle (il be honest I don't know any because I haven't looked) it could be installed to run on any vehicle and it would be cheap!

TC functions by reducing the power output of the engine in a few ways...

1) Retarding the ignition timing

2) Utilising a stepper motor to control the throttle butterfly

3) reducing the fuel duty pulse

the ideal controlling method is no. 2 as it doesn't run any risks like the other control methods. An idea I had while reading this thread was to use the unit to control the nitrous oxide level which enters the engine. If you used a progressive system where more nos was injected with regards to the throttle position, you could use the wires of the TC unit to function a valve which basically regulates the pressure of the nos.

I don't know if this has ever been done, but its definitly possible if you can locate a vehicle with a seperate ABS/TC module and loom.

lee

base-1

The only kit you should even consider is a Wizards of Nos kit, make sure your flatshift function cuts the nitrous aswell, nitrous will work with any other engine mods you can think of as long as you don't raise the compression and/or advance the ignition too much for the amount of gas you are running, yes you can get a controller that will do what Kieran was saying - it's the Wizard's Maximiser

Sign in to follow this