• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DTORU

Gti Body Kit

DTORU

I have a 205 1.8TD that im turning in to a GTI DT, the interiour, etc is done but i need to fit the body kit the front and doors are ok until it came to the rear arches as on all the 205 models exept the stdt and the gti's the rear are not round the slightly flat. When i mount the kit on the rear arch i can see part of the wing showing, this explains why my 1.9 gti wheels run on the rear arches, there not round like the gti's! doh!

So my question is if it mark out the bit showing and remove it the kit will fit and the wheels wont rub, correct?

Has anybody done this on a 205 before as any help would be very grateful. I could just mount he kit lower but that wont stop the arches rubbing on me tyres and i want to lower the car so if i mount them lower it will just be worse.

Thanks

DTORU

t16ryan

Hello mate did you but the wheels off me? along with headlight and bonnett? Best bet is to mark it cut it and fold it back and put sealant all over it over it will rust and just spray it a little, will keep the rust out,

Greenys_meanies

ooh it'll rub, just like mine! i've got 306 15" wheels on mine that are wider than 205 gti ones and it used to rub like hell, untill i had to cut out the rear inner arches and pull out the outer arch a bit to clear them. well put it this way i even had to sort the front arches too!

Daz

DTORU

cheers for the help, im doing the mods throughout next week so ill update you all on the progress and get some piccys!

Thanks

DTORU

DTORU

Right ive cut out the archs so that the gti trim fits, but i have a 1" gap between the inner and outer arches, took the car to my local body shop for advice and was told to use expanding foam to fill the hole and then seam seal the inside and underseal the outside.

Any thoughts or other methods, not to sure about the expanding foam?

Thanks

DTORU

paul205mi16

did you get any pics of the cutting m8??

i wouldnt use foam-noway!

seems a right bodge tbh!

I bought some ralle arcches from this forum near xmas time and will have to eventually do the same cutting with my 205xs.

i was planning on welding it together as it would strenthen it up a litle too,allthough from what i have read the inner and outer arches arent welded anyways!

good luck and hope to see some pics up soon

Paul.

DTORU

Well ive finaly finished my projet of turning a 1.8td into a GTi TD, click the link below to see pics of the final result.

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/dan...otherroadusers/

Fitted my stereo, think it looks ok, defintly sounds good, better in in the back though. difficult job hidding all the leads, wires etc.

complete the gti interiour fitted exept the rear passenger seat door card thingees as i have used the td ones to fit me 6x9's and didnt want to wreck the gti ones. The roof liner is also td as the 1.6 gti i stripped has a big slide back vacume sunroof and mine does not , its the small pp up one, so that stayed.

1.9 GTi wheels

GTi front, rear bumpers and side trim, fog lights etc.

GTi maxnex stainless steel backbox

other mods i did at the same time where upper and lower strut braces and a full spax rsx coilover kit fitted.

All thats left is to fit my brake disks, pads, drums and shoes (whet for black diamond drilled and groved disks with matching fast road pads and ebc drums and uprated shoes) when they turn up, lower the back end by 35/40mm, get my large FMIC fitted next week so i can max the turbo out (30ish psi) and fit my piper fast road cam.

I also got an electronic boost controller think its greddy? has a little remoted controll thingee and also does turbo timer function.

Will get some more piccys when i do the other mods.

Thanks

DTORU

Edited by Dangertootherroadusers

Jrod

Learnerrrrrrrrr!!!

:D

DTORU

errr quick i need a whity coment, got it, "some people say you never stop learnirng!" lol

I taking my test within the next 1-2 months

Thanks

DTORU

Guest BrainFluid

Congratulations! Your car looks well good :D

DaveW

wow that really does look like a gti! id lose the gti badges on the front tho :(

paul205mi16

how did u do the rear arches in the end m8?

thanks

DTORU

I agree the badges on the front do look tacky maybe even a bit chav but the privious owner of the bumper must of been blind as there 4 massive hold that the badges hide and as the bumpers clean up nice i didnt want to paint and fill them, if you know what i mean.

Did the arches using metal strip, seam sealer and underseal.

Cars going on the psooc stand a trax get a closer look then when its cleaner.

Thanks

DTORU

Sign in to follow this