• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mak

Anyone Else Running Billies

mak

I've got bilstein streetline shocks front and rear and to be honest its just dangerous...the car is so twitchy over the bumps its a constant battle to keep it under control. Even the smallest of bumps send the car into shock....

Its got to the point where I'm considering go back to a standard set up, but jsut before I do does anyone else running a similar set up experience similar problems?

fiji bob

are you using lowering springs? if so the streetline shocks are supposed to be standard spec so that might be the problem, and yes the front end can get a bit bouncy on mine now and again with eibach springs and streetline dampers

Edited by fiji bob

johnrobertgordon

I'v been running bilstiens for about a year now. And have just ordered a second set (the grp N struts with larger inserts). I think they are fantastic. What springs are you running?

mak

I think theyre -30mm, not sure of make but they're blue if that helps?? I'd assumed they were part of the streetline kit.

johnrobertgordon

If your not too fussed about ride height change the springs to standard items, this is what i used when i was rallying it, Still feels stiffer than standard. If you like the way it handles like this i can give you a number for a guy who can get lowered standard rate springs.

TEKNOPUG

Streetlines are bobbins

luggy

Hi Mak

Ive got streetlines on mine, rear set to standard height and the front was dropped by 30mm and they were blue springs from Auto five, never had problems on A road or B road blasts, but because I use my 205 daily drive for work it got bloody annoying with speed bumps and sleeping policemen. So put it back to standard but now the front is a bit too spongy e.g coming off the motorway slip road, so will go for 309 gti springs instead, never had an issue with the rear shocks being too soft, had them on for nearly 2 years.

Luggy

Miles

Are the Streetlines the std replacement ones in black? if so the best place for these is the bin, Have a search for a post by Simes a couple of years ago, I said the same thing when I drove his car

Russelltp

I've found the streetline front shocks to be fine for general use but the rear are way too soft, as soon as I swapped them for some orange KYBs (no idea what spec they are) the ride and turn in improved so much it was a different car to drive.

fiji bob

id agree with the above i actually thought the rear shocks were knackered once they had bedded in fronts are alright but would swap for uprated ones if i had the cash

jonnie205

Rears are horibly soft and front are like standard, bin them in favour of koni's or sprintlines

Edp

Ive got streetline shocks on my Mi and find them ok. I changed to the lowering springs too but mine are red, i think they lower about 25-30mm?

I do feel the bumps more but thats part of lowering the car isnt it? Mine dosent feel twitchy one bit, it feels planted. I find them ok for the road but i guess they would be s*it for all you turborallyslagnutterbastards.

I didnt fit the rear shocks as ive heard they are too soft. I just kept the originals at the rear.

Simes
Are the Streetlines the std replacement ones in black? if so the best place for these is the bin, Have a search for a post by Simes a couple of years ago, I said the same thing when I drove his car

The rears are dog s*ite - soft as anything.

One of many

Final straw

Replaced with Skip Browns so much better.

Fuji Bob I'm still waitng for you to try out the Skip Brown fronts!! Only £130 each.

Edited by Simes

KRISKARRERA
Is that what you fitted to my 405 Miles? They do seem quite soft!

mak

well its good to know I'm not just being a girl about it and they are poop.

appreciated guys, ta

fiji bob

One of many

Final straw

Fuji Bob I'm still waitng for you to try out the Skip Brown fronts!! Only £130 each.

one day maybe

Alan_M

One of many

Final straw

£130 each??? 'Challenge' spec Billies are only £10 more than that for the fronts.

fiji bob

whats the difference? just the valving? i was told there would be a 4 week wait 2 or 3 times so didnt get them in the end

newdean0

The fronts should be fine - if it's only bouncy occasionally it's likley you are hitting the bump stops. I had to trim about an inch from my bump stops and now the ride is pretty good. I'd bin the rear shocks though and replace them with standard.

Sign in to follow this