• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wildejon

Cv Joint

wildejon

I've done a search but to no avail...

Just a quick question, really I have a worn cv joint but have been unable to identify which side it is on. It is making the gearstick shake so I'm presuming it is an inner one. I was reversing yesterday with the steering on full left lock and it made a not so great sound. Does this suggest it is in fact the n/s that is worn?

Cheers everyone

hengti

not sure how you diagnose the inners without taking them off to check them, but try driving it slowly on lock in either direction in an empty car park with the windows down - whichever side you get the noise from is the side that's knackered. might be difficult to diagnose inner joints like this though, as they're obviously both closer the centre of the car than the outer ones

hth

wildejon

It did feel a bit loose when we had it out a few weeks back... Wasn't sure if it was actually going at that point though. Had a few things pointing to the n/s, made a nice sound when I cornered (right hander) at speed (more than normal). That made me think it was the left too...

I'll just get myself a new driveshaft, nice and easy :-)

Sign in to follow this