• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chris 417 mi

Bx 16v Ignition Amp Wiring

chris 417 mi

Basically can anyone tell me which pin should be connected to what on the engine ? as i think i have finally traced the problem to the amp wiring !

At the moment i have an earth on the 7th socket hole in the plug whihc goes to nowhere oin the 6 pin amp ! can anyone help and tell which wires shoould be in which holes to double check !

chris 417 mi

right ive checked the bx wiring diagram and its wired correctly but i dont seem to have a 12v supply from the ecu to the amp, the ecu pin itself is not outputting 12v.

What would cause this ?

pug_ham

IIRC the ignition amp 12v doesn't come from the ecu but from an ignition switched live & there are two 12v feeds, another coming from the coil & then from the amplifier to the ecu.

Looking in my BX Haynes pin 6 on the ignition amp does go to the ecu, pin #1. What ecu are you using? ML4.1 (two row) or M1.3 (three row)?

Graham.

chris 417 mi

Ok the ecu only has motronic etched on the top

Bosch serial number : 0 261 200 119

it is the two pin row ecu

at the moment i have the wires in the following socket positions on the ign amp plug:

1. Coil negative

2. Amp earth

3. Empty

4. Coil positive

5 & 6 Linked together and this goes through a white plug back to the ecu on a thick green which at the other end appears to have a thick shield or insulation

I havent traced the 3rd of the 3 wires at the coil to its origin but where should it come from anmd are the pins in the ign amp correct ? its the 6 pin unit.

pug_ham
Ok the ecu only has motronic etched on the top

Bosch serial number : 0 261 200 119

BX GTi 1.9 litre 16 Valve

87-89

Bosch Motronic ML4.1

0 261 200 119

All Mi's are motronic.

I think all your wiring is correct, just checked the BX loom I have & its the same.

• pin 1; coil plug pin #2.
  • pin 2; Amp earth.
  • pin 3; empty.
  • Pin4; coil plug pin #3.
  • Pin 5; ECU plug pin #1.
  • Pin6; ECU plug pin #1.

Graham.

chris 417 mi

hmm ..so why should i have no voltage from the amp to the ecu ? someone mentioned 2 supplies, a switched and non switched....welll the blue wire near the amp loom with the spade connector on is in the power distribution block which fixes to the passenger side of the slam panel, which is the other ? (i assumed the other would be the actual battery terminal positive itself :lol:

chris 417 mi

anyone shed any light on this ?? please ??? this car has been sat on stands now for a month and she is getting impatient to be moving :unsure:

jackherer
hmm ..so why should i have no voltage from the amp to the ecu ? someone mentioned 2 supplies, a switched and non switched....welll the blue wire near the amp loom with the spade connector on is in the power distribution block which fixes to the passenger side of the slam panel, which is the other ? (i assumed the other would be the actual battery terminal positive itself :unsure:

the blue one going to the distribution box is right, the other 12v feed connects to a two pin multiplug on the loom near the ignition amp, its the thick yellow wire, the second wire there is a thinner green one that is the tacho drive.

chris 417 mi

yeah have both of them, i have everything but 12 v from/to pin 1 on the ecu ! why would this not send /recieve 12 v ?

Sign in to follow this