• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrAsh

Ax Gt Carb Question

Guest MrAsh

Hey guys... me again, the timing has sorted out my problem i had before, but on a different subject i have just swaped the solex carb on my cj for a ax gt carb and manifold which is soo much better, but i don't know what the wire off the back of the carb is for as my old one doesn't have one??

Also the air intake is different any ideas where best to get one from and will i need to change the filter box?

cheers Ash.

timmsy19

Not sure about getting a standard intake new. get down the scrappy and find one from a 205xs. if you want want a k&n bolt on tuning.co.uk still do them

Edited by timmsy19

Jrod

The little black wire/connector sticking out of the back of the xs carb is for the over-run cutout or that's what was said on here the other day.

Edited by Jrod

Guest MrAsh

do i need to connect it to the ignition live or something then?

28CRAIG

i have a k&n bolt on almost new if you are intrested had a months use still got the box and instructions

£25 plus a load more bits and bobs pm if intrested

Guest smokinslim
do i need to connect it to the ignition live or something then?

Don't connect it to anything, you shouldn't have any problems without it.

If you read through this thread it's discussed further: clicky!

If i ever get really bored i'm gonna search through my spare loom and find out where it goes and see what difference it actually makes.

Sign in to follow this