• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ritmo

Petrol Tank Removal

Ritmo

Hi guys,

I have just taken off the petrol tank so that I could get some welding done on the inner sill!

Now that i have put it all back together the car want start :lol: the only thing I could have done wrong is get the flow and return to the petrol tank wrong or the fuel pump has stopped working should the fuel pump be making a noise when you turn the key on? and does the flow go to the fuel filter or the preasure regulator first? Also how can you tell what one of the two connections at the tank is the flow, Is it the one with the small dot on the top or the other one with the curved top?

I have tried towing the car to get it started but it would not fire in the life!! which makes me think there is no fuel getting to it.

Any help on this would be good

thanks in advance.

jackherer

the flow goes to the filter first then the reg the back to the tank. I'm pretty sure the connections on top of the pump have arrows on them as it happens...

it can take a while to get enough fuel through sometimes.

might be worth checking the fuse hasn't blown too, from memory its the rightmost fuse in the fusebox in the glove compartment.

jonD6B

If you think that they're the wrong way around, disconnect the return pipe and see what happens when you switch the pump on.

Ritmo

Thanks Guys,

it turns out that I had the flow and return on the wrong way :) still dont know how I managed that but the car is back on the road again and getting its MOT done today.

thanks again

Sign in to follow this