• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest toby7

205 Gti Exhaust

Guest toby7

The rear muffler on my 205 gti (1.9 xuja d6b) needs replacing. i was under the impression that it was the original system but the exhaust shop tell me that it is just a common replacement muffler. I've decided to can get a genuine peugeot rear muffler from my dealer. What I need to know is what the original exhaust pipe size from the front downpipe through to the rear muffler is. Also the diameter of the inlet and outlet of the rear muffler.

Thanks

Peter

trickywoo

Not sure if this helps much but the OE exhaust has a 'cup and ball' type of join at the backbox. Its not a slip fit or a bolt together with gasket type. As such I don't think knowing the inlet diameter will help much (if you are trying to work out if the OE backbox will fit onto the system you already have, if its not OE spec). -_-

jackherer
Not sure if this helps much but the OE exhaust has a 'cup and ball' type of join at the backbox.

Thats true for post 1990 205s but before that they did use a sleeve fitting.

Sign in to follow this