• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stealth_pug

106 Rallye In A 205

stealth_pug

Hi can anyone tell me wether or not this

clicky

would fit in my 205. It is a 1.1 tu engine with MA transmission. What else would i need to buy and how big a job would it be?

thanks

Kitch

It would bolt straight in, you'd just need to sort all the management.

Also the O/S driveshaft will pass through a housing on the Rallye, it may not on yours so you might have to bodge something up there.

d-9

You would need to unlock the ECU before you remove it from the car, by getting the car running and unplugging the imobiliser keypad module (assuming it has one - age dependant).

You would need the fuel pump from a 205GTI, and high pressure fuel returns. Possibly some exhaust work, as the 1.1 manifold may not flow enough for a 1.3 rallye and the rallye manifold will hit the subframe. Otherwise it'd need fluids, might as well do a cambelt, plugs, oil and fuel filters etc.

Dunno how long it would take really, I know my mate does 16v conversions on 106s in a day or two, and I normally allow about 4 days for an mi16 into a 205, so if the person doing it was reasonably experienced and nothing went wrong, 2-3 days, if its your first engine conversion and your doing it all yourself, probably a fortnight.

Edited by d-9

Sandy

You'll need to swap all three 205 mounts over (lower, upper and gearbox), you'll need an injection tank and pump if yours is carb'd, the 205 exhaust swaps over but might sit slightly lower. You'll need the 106 throttle cable which is miles long and the ECU will need unlocking or the keypad to be fitted cmplete with loom.

The 106 Rallye Inlet manifold will touch your bonnet slightly (did on mine anyway), but not enough to worry!

Pics of mine as it was are here: http://www.dcoe.net/gallery/Sandy/

stu_woac

pretty much what sandy said for best bet take the whole car off him as it looks like you can mate

Sam

Sandy beats me to it again!!

stealth_pug

went for too much in the end. Although by the sounds of it would have been quite a difficult swap for a 1st attempt. Have got a ax gt engine to put in though. I beliweve it is a straight swap?? No extra parts needed and is the same as the xs? So should be a failry straight forward job to do.

Sandy

Yes, AX GT is a straight swap and a good one.

BERTMAN

better swap too, 85bhp as opposed to whatever that 1.1 has and no need to bother swappin to injection!!, sounds like a winner to me!!!

d-9

not a better swap lol, those 1.3 rallye engines are great. Only thing that could tempt me back to an 8v really

Sam

Not like you to disagree doug :blush:

d-9

its not something i like to make a habit of :)

Besides, if youve ever driven a 1.3 106 rallye, you'll know the differense between that and a 205xs

Edited by d-9

Sandy

Both good engines Doug, but i'm not sure the 106 one is worth the extra agro.

BERTMAN

i meant the TU3s is better than the 1.1, not the 1.3 rallye engine... :)

d-9
Both good engines Doug, but i'm not sure the 106 one is worth the extra agro.

Best get a 16v then -_-

Sign in to follow this