• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Natasha

What Could Be Wrong If My Car Does This?

jackherer
a guy who is into peugeots over here looked at my car for me and he said he put on a spare air flow meter he had and that fixed the problem.

im not entirely convinced it would have fixed the problem, so i havnt taken the car for a drive yet.

can anyone tell me if this would likely fix it or not?

just to quickly recap my problem was lots of stuttering/stalling a few times then died and wouldnt start.

about 30 minutes later started ok but i only had it going for a few minutes before i turned if off and parked it.

when it was stuttering it was like i had turned off the car but after a second or two the power would come back then stutter along again.

the rev counter went all over the place when it was stuttering along, some people on here said it would most likely be the coil/ignition amp/loose wires etc

if you guys think that the airflow meter could have been it then i think ill take it on a drive in the weekend, but stick close to home so if it does die i dont have far to walk haha

that fault could be a sticky airflow meter, the only thing not consistent with that is the rev counter behaviour.

you're probably going to have to test it close to home like you said.

Alastairh

As Ahl said, check/replace your tachy relay, there pence.

I had similar problems with mine, couldn't establish why it was doing it (turning corners etc), but turned out to be early signs of the tachy dying.

It then finally did at Pugfest this year.

Alastair

tom_m

it all definatly sounds ign related. is there grease/heat sink paste stuff behind the ign amp? if there isn't it could be over heating maybe?

Natasha

The car is now SORN, we needed a break from it plus breaking down all the time was getting a little embarrassing plus a little expensive!

After replacing what seems like everything, weve decided to source a 405 MI16 AFM to see what happens. I must admit Im too chicken to try driving the car again as the last time I broke down on a busy A road and I managed to pull off in some gravel (which was actually drainage) and broke the gear linkage and got to 2 flat tyres! Ill ask my husband to trial it!

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=64858

Ill keep you all posted!

The fault started just after we had to replace a water hose as it split and soaked the engine. I cant help but wonder if the two were connected in some way as the engine had been run for the few months before, probably 500+ miles driven.

Edited by Natasha

Sign in to follow this