• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Owain1602

Omex 100 Running

Owain1602

Hi, i got my 205 1.6 started yesterday. Running twin DCOE 40s and omex 100 mapped ignition, using a 36-1 trigger wheel. It seems to run ok at around 2000rpm, above or below this and it wont run at all really. I have got the trigger wheel set up ok i think, i have adjusted the Miss to MAM and delay angle to what i think they need to be, the timing light reads roughtly the same as Spark Out, which is just over 7 degrees. What do you guys recon i should set the advance to so it will at least Rev up, because at the moment any speed or throttle opening makes it sort of cut out, might be cause the carbs have been dry for a while or would this not matter? Also, I dont have any exhaust manifold gaskets at the moment. Any experts out there with omex and just getting it running fairly well? I have their guide off their site which is fairly helpful. Thanks for looking guys.

Sign in to follow this